It is that bad

Re: It is that bad

Baz 01 Dec 2019 17:10 pm said..

So Porky, I had a word with myself and I still come up with the same result. This should have been our season, one to kick on from the fine one last year. Despite some of the positive clap trap from some and the ‘in Ackermann we trust’ brigade he got the coaches got the strategy for the start of the season badly wrong..... and we are paying for it. No doubt the positivity will return tomorrow but even the most optimist must be questioning things now. Why oh why no injury cover for Dreyer? Stubbornness? The start has been dreadful.
Baz
Hall of Famer

RogerofSals 01 Dec 2019 17:12 pm said..

It pains me to say it Baz, but I agree
RogerofSals
Vice-Captain

The Vic 01 Dec 2019 17:18 pm said..

2 wins from 11 would suggest that it has started poorly
The Vic
Hall of Famer

foresterinyorks 01 Dec 2019 18:12 pm said..

What do we do next week? Do we go back to a relatively inexperienced side or do we put out a full team? My feeling is that a strong side would benefit from useful game time and help us get that home win which should give us some momentum. We could then rest them in the away fixture.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

lucifer 01 Dec 2019 18:49 pm said..

Well, the strategy was to put a 'weaker' team out last week so we could target today - that worked well didn't it. FWIW I think the team is going through the motions this year. Cipriani doesn't look interested and is playing like it, we play the same routines whether we're 5 yards from our line or theirs, leaving out Twelvetrees and Jake in the absence of Slater means we've no one playing with their heart on their sleeve and our last 2 away league defeats at Leicester and Quins were largely down to them wanting the game more as evidence by the force they hit the rucks and the number of chasers they had for high balls. Baz is spot on, we're already looking like one of the relegation scrabblers and we've two more or less meaningless games ahead of us now which I can't see many getting excited about with about 8,000 at the 'holm next Sunday.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

jeppy89 01 Dec 2019 20:04 pm said..

Agreed.

I think the simple fact is that Cips’ attacking shape has been thoroughly researched and found out now.

As evidenced today, defenders are just flying up on the outside men and we are too lateral.

I’ve not seen anything from Harris to keep 12T out of the team yet apart from the occasional big hit.

Polledri has to play.

I might be tempted to give Banahan a run in the centres - we need to get teams at least thinking we’re going to go down the middle again.

Otherwise we’ll have a season of going wide and backwards on most set plays.
jeppy89
Vice-Captain

Herefordpropforward 01 Dec 2019 21:08 pm said..

So what happens now?
West is best
Herefordpropforward
Hero in the making

foresterinyorks 01 Dec 2019 21:20 pm said..

Herefordpropforward wrote:So what happens now?

We win at home against Connaught
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

Baz 01 Dec 2019 22:31 pm said..

Herefordpropforward wrote:So what happens now?

I think we are playing catch up but despite my criticism, I expect the coaches to turn it around? I would play our best available 23 against Connacht because we need a performance.
Gloucester supporters really are ‘supporters’ in every sense of the word but it’s time that the coaches do their stuff and the players repay the total commitment that they get every week.
A honest team meeting required Monday?
Baz
Hall of Famer

Baldhead2 01 Dec 2019 23:35 pm said..

Well another narrow loss ... pluses were Zammit and a functional line out, Simpson’s form, Thorley getting on the score sheet and Craig I thought was combative and stood up to the challenge.

For those moaning about a Dreyer replacement the clubs said numerous times they are actively trying to get someone in. However how much did he play last season? so not so much of a loss as a what could have been.

Harris is doing better than those who left so another plus.

Scrum is a downside still but so is our kicking out of hand and our kicking through the posts without BTT.

For me anyway we are improving so I expect results to improve soon. Slow starts are frustrating but I’m far more optimistic than some on here.
Baldhead2
First team regular
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby