Rugby salaries

Rugby salaries

westglos 29 Nov 2019 09:43 am said..

westglos
Senior squad member

Re: Rugby salaries

CMGC 29 Nov 2019 10:40 am said..

A few interesting lines in there

-An academy player could reasonably expect to earn £18k a year, rising to about 40k once they break into the first team.
-a fully-fledged senior squad member the average premiership contract is about £120k a year but they could get substantially more
-At the peak of a Premiership career a good club player might get just short of £200k before their earning start to decrease.

If you take our first team squad of 40 and remove two marque players then if we are up to the cap then the avarage payment is c £180,000 per player. we have assumed that Cips/ Mostert/ ?? are on closer to twice that or more. Who else would be on over £200 K per year.
Maybee someone can estimate wherever we are on this but it is difficult to see how Sarries can POSSIBLY be anywhere near the cap limit if our 40 are up to the cap limit.
CMGC

Neilio44 29 Nov 2019 10:59 am said..

CMGC wrote:A few interesting lines in there

-An academy player could reasonably expect to earn £18k a year, rising to about 40k once they break into the first team.
-a fully-fledged senior squad member the average premiership contract is about £120k a year but they could get substantially more
-At the peak of a Premiership career a good club player might get just short of £200k before their earning start to decrease.

If you take our first team squad of 40 and remove two marque players then if we are up to the cap then the avarage payment is c £180,000 per player. we have assumed that Cips/ Mostert/ ?? are on closer to twice that or more. Who else would be on over £200 K per year.
Maybee someone can estimate wherever we are on this but it is difficult to see how Sarries can POSSIBLY be anywhere near the cap limit if our 40 are up to the cap limit.

I'd expect Billy Twelvetrees and Willi Heinz to be on or around £200k/year.
If it's wet, drink it.
Neilio44
Hero in the making

Lebowski 29 Nov 2019 11:37 am said..

Williams! Surely one of the worst bits of business in recent years.
Lebowski

Beddis 29 Nov 2019 11:44 am said..

Lebowski wrote:Williams! Surely one of the worst bits of business in recent years.

Hindsight is wonderful, without his horrible injuries we might have had a very different conversation. As it is I suspect that we have been able to use his injury dispensation for positive reasons, certainly more to this than just his salary I would imagine!
Posts: 4069  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

jeppy89 29 Nov 2019 11:53 am said..

CMGC wrote:Maybee someone can estimate wherever we are on this but it is difficult to see how Sarries can POSSIBLY be anywhere near the cap limit if our 40 are up to the cap limit.

Can I ask where the squad size of 40 came from?
jeppy89
Vice-Captain

Lebowski 29 Nov 2019 11:56 am said..

Mark I’m not talking about his injuries - that’s just bad luck (as with Dreyer). His rumoured salary is over 400k. Nobody will convince me he was ever worth that.
Lebowski

James J 29 Nov 2019 12:11 pm said..

jeppy89 wrote:
CMGC wrote:Maybee someone can estimate wherever we are on this but it is difficult to see how Sarries can POSSIBLY be anywhere near the cap limit if our 40 are up to the cap limit.

Can I ask where the squad size of 40 came from?

By counting them on the club site: https://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/fixtures-teams/players/
James J
Vice-Captain

JamesK 29 Nov 2019 12:15 pm said..

If Williams is on the rumored wages then it is definitely generous.

That said, he was signed to be a starting 10 or at least to compete with Burns minor for that role. The plan wasn't to have both him and Cips on the books.

My uninformed guess was that he was being left out in the cold at points last season in the hope he'd move on and free up the wages. However, whenever I've seen him around the squad there's been no signs of discontentment.
JamesK
Vice-Captain

gmorgan131285 29 Nov 2019 13:08 pm said..

For those who listen to the House of Rugby Mike Tindall said his biggest contract was £200K at Gloucester, I would assume that this would be around 2008/9/10.
gmorgan131285
Hero in the making
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby