Rugby salaries

Re: Rugby salaries

jeppy89 29 Nov 2019 13:40 pm said..

James J wrote:
jeppy89 wrote:
CMGC wrote:Maybee someone can estimate wherever we are on this but it is difficult to see how Sarries can POSSIBLY be anywhere near the cap limit if our 40 are up to the cap limit.

Can I ask where the squad size of 40 came from?

By counting them on the club site: https://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/fixtures-teams/players/

That's the senior squad - the Academy is included in the overall cap which I don't believe has then been included in the maths for c180k per player.
jeppy89
Vice-Captain

CMGC 29 Nov 2019 14:15 pm said..

Ok I didn't think the accademy was included ?? Can anyone in the know confirm ?
CMGC

Sheddy Mcshedface 29 Nov 2019 14:24 pm said..

CMGC wrote:Ok I didn't think the accademy was included ?? Can anyone in the know confirm ?

Looking at the regulation it looks like it depends how much they are paid,

"Academy Player" means any Player who, as at 1 September 2019, is between 16 and 24 years of age (inclusive) and whose total Salary for the Salary Cap Year 2019-20 or any previous Salary Cap Year does not exceed or has not exceeded £30,000 at that Club. For the avoidance of doubt, if total Salary paid to an Academy Player is, in any Salary Cap Year, in excess of £30,000, the Academy Player shall be treated as a Senior Player for the purposes of the Regulations. With effect from 1 July 2019, where any Player of a Club ceases to be an Academy Player of that Club and becomes a Senior Player of that Club, or where any Player of a Club was first employed by that Club as a Senior Player, in either case that Player will at all times be treated as a Senior Player of that Club and shall not at any stage be capable of being or becoming an Academy Player of that Club;
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

jeppy89 29 Nov 2019 15:47 pm said..

Regulations this year before credits are;

6,400,000 for the Seniors, 100,000 for the Academy which seems insane...

we have 21 academy players (assuming none fall foul of the 30k rule as above) then being in the academy gets you an average of under 5k a year?
jeppy89
Vice-Captain

Sheddy Mcshedface 29 Nov 2019 16:07 pm said..

jeppy89 wrote:Regulations this year before credits are;

we have 21 academy players (assuming none fall foul of the 30k rule as above) then being in the academy gets you an average of under 5k a year?

Would the 16-18 year olds be getting anything at all? Presumably they would still be in full time education along side being part of the Academy so wouldn't be getting paid anything substantial.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

jeppy89 29 Nov 2019 16:18 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:

Would the 16-18 year olds be getting anything at all? Presumably they would still be in full time education along side being part of the Academy so wouldn't be getting paid anything substantial.

True, does playing for the academy count as a job? at what point is being involved in a pro rugby team employment?

I have so many follow up questions at this point lol

how many hours a week are the senior academy players in with the team?
jeppy89
Vice-Captain

theoptimist 29 Nov 2019 17:51 pm said..

jeppy89 wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
jeppy89 wrote:

Does it include the hours that they’re gifted to manage their property portfolios?

Oh sorry...wrong team...
theoptimist
Hero in the making

Sheddy Mcshedface 29 Nov 2019 18:12 pm said..

jeppy89 wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:

True, does playing for the academy count as a job? at what point is being involved in a pro rugby team employment?

I have so many follow up questions at this point lol

Who is the Gloucester Salary cap manager and do they fancy doing a Q&A on here?
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

CMGC 29 Nov 2019 18:16 pm said..

Ok so we agree that the Main 40 players ( minus two marque) need to be on 6.4 mill or less. How many of the squad are on 200 K + ( Dreyer?/ Slater?/ Kreil?/Morgan?/ Heinz?/ Cips/ Marshall ?/ Woodward?/
I assume the junior members in our squad are on 50 -100 K ? using the info in the article I can just about squeeze our 38 under the cap with only one or two people over 200 K.
CMGC

Up the jumper 29 Nov 2019 19:02 pm said..

CMGC wrote:Ok so we agree that the Main 40 players ( minus two marque) need to be on 6.4 mill or less. How many of the squad are on 200 K + ( Dreyer?/ Slater?/ Kreil?/Morgan?/ Heinz?/ Cips/ Marshall ?/ Woodward?/
I assume the junior members in our squad are on 50 -100 K ? using the info in the article I can just about squeeze our 38 under the cap with only one or two people over 200 K.

That isn't correct. There are a range of credits to add to the 6.4m. As DH said at the fans forum, the complexities of the credits means (for internationals, home grown players etc) it is not possible to know another teams actual cap.
Another yard boys, another yard!
Up the jumper
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby