O/T Bath v Sarries

Re: O/T Bath v Sarries

Castle Grim Reaper 02 Dec 2019 12:25 pm said..

Malco wrote:You and I might not relish the idea of Bath, Bristol and Exeter becoming the Western Wurzels and Gloucester, Worcester and Wasps the West Midlands Brummies, playing against the Welsh, Scottish and Irish regions but I’m afraid that I can’t see any other way of making it financially sustainable.

Malco, that is complete twaddle :oops:

The European cup has been a complete failure for the Welsh and Scottish regions, success has been for the Irish regions and the French who do not have regions, perhaps we should go down the French route and have well financed clubs. :roll:
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

robs1 02 Dec 2019 17:46 pm said..

The only thing that will happen with a bigger cap is that the players get richer, there are only so many top players and if the English prem raises the cap and attracts non french players from france they will then raise their cap and the players will move back, sarries will then cheat again and we end up in the same place but probably with a club or two going bust and all the others teetering on the edge. Its total madness
robs1
Hall of Famer

homer 02 Dec 2019 18:56 pm said..

robs1 wrote:The only thing that will happen with a bigger cap is that the players get richer, there are only so many top players and if the English prem raises the cap and attracts non french players from france they will then raise their cap and the players will move back, sarries will then cheat again and we end up in the same place but probably with a club or two going bust and all the others teetering on the edge. Its total madness

Entirely agree :cry:
homer
Vice-Captain

CMGC 02 Dec 2019 22:53 pm said..

Spot on
CMGC
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby