Quins v Glaws OGT

Re: Quins v Glaws OGT

ShedOrDead 01 Dec 2019 21:37 pm said..

eynshamglos wrote:Ah, the all inclusive shed web. It’s not what you post it’s how often. I don’t think Ackerman has got us. Yes we have been rubbish for way too long before Johan joined us but this club was built on something a bit less flaky than I am seeing now.

No, it is what you post. Read, comment, discuss and join in for more than your impressive 2 posts so far and you will come to realise.

The club has gone through all sorts through the time I have been following (far shorter than most on here), but Ackermann is the best coach this club has had for ages as demonstrated by last season. He clearly has a lot to do for this season - the facts of 2 in 11 speak for themselves - but to say he alone is the issue is plain wrong. Give him - and the players, who will know they are out of form - time.
ShedOrDead
On the board

kentishglaws 01 Dec 2019 21:44 pm said..

Ackermann is not the one on the pitch dropping balls, shovelling rubbish passes and giving away stupid penalties. Thanks to him, Gloucester played some of the most entertaining cherry and white rugby last season for the first time in far too long. There’s stuff to improve and we haven’t got it right yet this season, but Jesus give the guy a break. We were in a terrible place under Fisher, last year we made the play offs under Ackermann, let’s chill out a bit
kentishglaws
Vice-Captain

Gb83 01 Dec 2019 21:46 pm said..

ShedOrDead wrote:
eynshamglos wrote:Ah, the all inclusive shed web. It’s not what you post it’s how often. I don’t think Ackerman has got us. Yes we have been rubbish for way too long before Johan joined us but this club was built on something a bit less flaky than I am seeing now.

No, it is what you post. Read, comment, discuss and join in for more than your impressive 2 posts so far and you will come to realise.

The club has gone through all sorts through the time I have been following (far shorter than most on here), but Ackermann is the best coach this club has had for ages as demonstrated by last season. He clearly has a lot to do for this season - the facts of 2 in 11 speak for themselves - but to say he alone is the issue is plain wrong. Give him - and the players, who will know they are out of form - time.

We’ve been on the slide for years, Ackermann has had us playing the best rugby I can remember and I’m confident he’ll get us working again.

I think Heinz missing has hurt us, he runs the game and bosses the forwards far better than our other options, think he’ll give cips more time as well.

Mostert lifted the work rate today in his 1st game back.

It is a bit worrying but we are getting better and today could have easily been a win if we’d taken the easy points.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

ShedOrDead 01 Dec 2019 21:49 pm said..

I do think there is a lot of merit in mixing up Glawster's attack as plenty on here have opined. I don't think it necessarily needs a new 12...

For example, look at Dombrant today (wonderful player, by the way). Imagine Jake or Morgan being used in midfield like Care used him: Jake switching back to a soft shoulder, or Morgan taking a pop pass on the inside on a line at the opposition 10... carnage. The tactic of going wide off of every scrum/lineout is so over-used and defenses know it's coming. Glaws need a greater variety of tricks in my view.

Thoughts on this?
ShedOrDead
On the board

tigerchef 01 Dec 2019 22:04 pm said..

ShedOrDead wrote:I do think there is a lot of merit in mixing up Glawster's attack as plenty on here have opined. I don't think it necessarily needs a new 12...

For example, look at Dombrant today (wonderful player, by the way). Imagine Jake or Morgan being used in midfield like Care used him: Jake switching back to a soft shoulder, or Morgan taking a pop pass on the inside on a line at the opposition 10... carnage. The tactic of going wide off of every scrum/lineout is so over-used and defenses know it's coming. Glaws need a greater variety of tricks in my view.

Thoughts on this?

It's very easy to defend against. As soon as the ball goes back from the breakdown it will be passed left or right and someone will overlap and pass out towards the wing. At this point the player who catches the ball has an opposition player right in front of him. All the opposition have to do is have 5 players either side of the breakdown, the nearest ones to the breakdown stay where they are whilst the widest players run as fast as they can forward, because in ten seconds the ball will be passed to a player right in front of them.
tigerchef
On the board

Sozpr 01 Dec 2019 22:38 pm said..

We are really missing the leadership and decision making of Heinz. He takes a lot of pressure off DC. Disappointing today, yes. Hopefully Trinder will be back soon, we need him in form.
Sozpr
Vice-Captain

Big Red 01 Dec 2019 22:38 pm said..

Sozpr wrote:We are really missing the leadership and decision making of Heinz. He takes a lot of pressure off DC. Disappointing today, yes. Hopefully Trinder will be back soon, we need him in form.

+1. Slater too. Those two can’t come back quickly enough.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 01 Dec 2019 22:48 pm said..

tigerchef wrote:
ShedOrDead wrote:I do think there is a lot of merit in mixing up Glawster's attack as plenty on here have opined. I don't think it necessarily needs a new 12...

Thoughts on this?

It's very easy to defend against. As soon as the ball goes back from the breakdown it will be passed left or right and someone will overlap and pass out towards the wing. At this point the player who catches the ball has an opposition player right in front of him. All the opposition have to do is have 5 players either side of the breakdown, the nearest ones to the breakdown stay where they are whilst the widest players run as fast as they can forward, because in ten seconds the ball will be passed to a player right in front of them.

As the commentary team said when our backs had the ball : "Quins are just following the ball sideways.". We need a bit more variation and remember that the try-lines are at the ends, not the sides.
DieTrying

CMGC 01 Dec 2019 22:52 pm said..

I think we do mix it up and today 3 of our tries came right thrugh the middle !!! Lets remember we were one silly misskick away from a good away win. The rest of our game would then have attracted very different comments. !!!!!
CMGC

London Shed Head 01 Dec 2019 23:29 pm said..

CMGC wrote:I think we do mix it up and today 3 of our tries came right thrugh the middle !!! Lets remember we were one silly misskick away from a good away win. The rest of our game would then have attracted very different comments. !!!!!

Hear hear
London Shed Head
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby