BIG Announcement - Simpson extends

Re: BIG Announcement - Simpson extends

jeppy89 02 Dec 2019 13:18 pm said..

ryno_chelt wrote:Looking forward to seeing the new EPS though. Thorlo has to be in the mix...doesn't he?

He was a menace yesterday!

With a few wingers injured it’s not a daft hope!
jeppy89
Vice-Captain

Chalker 02 Dec 2019 13:29 pm said..

Notters wrote:Really disappointed was expecting another big concert announcement after girl band/boy band and have already pressed my tartan flares in case it was the Bay City Rollers :D

Tom Jones must be due again?
Chalker
Hall of Famer

SIBARITE 02 Dec 2019 20:32 pm said..

Notters wrote:Really disappointed was expecting another big concert announcement after girl band/boy band and have already pressed my tartan flares in case it was the Bay City Rollers :D

Best not to associate yourself with the Bay City Rollers. A couple of them were very dodgy and I don't mean their clothes. :twisted:
SIBARITE
First team regular

Notters 03 Dec 2019 14:56 pm said..

May I make it quite clear that under no circumstances do I wish to be associated with the BCR just joking ......Spice Girls now your talking :D
Notters
First team regular

Sky blue 03 Dec 2019 15:31 pm said..

NorthernShedHead wrote:Think this is what got people talking!

Is it possible that the big news was the shirt...but after the speculation that the big news might only be a shirt they released the Simpson news instead?
Sky blue
Hall of Famer

NorthernShedHead 03 Dec 2019 15:37 pm said..

Sky blue wrote:

Is it possible that the big news was the shirt...but after the speculation that the big news might only be a shirt they released the Simpson news instead?

Seems like it could be! Given the purple shirt emoji
NorthernShedHead
Hero in the making

LegendoftAutostrada 03 Dec 2019 15:56 pm said..

NorthernShedHead wrote:
Sky blue wrote:

Seems like it could be! Given the purple shirt emoji

I posted this on the new shirt thread at 14.44 so I think you are right:

I reckon it was intended as the big announcement - see the shirt icon on the original Twitter message.

But given the feverish speculation and excitement Sunday's message engendered (The beast, Sinckler, Jon May etc), I reckon the powers-that-be realised they needed something a little more substantial than a new kit - otherwise a mob armed with pitchforks would have marched on Kingsholm.

Luckily, they had the Simpson contract extension up their sleeeves and were able to bring this announcement forward. :D
LegendoftAutostrada
First team regular

RTS2 03 Dec 2019 18:26 pm said..

I hear the shed might be considering their own version of Baz's 1873 group ?...

The 1381 ?
RTS2
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby