BIG Announcement - Simpson extends

Re: BIG Announcement - Simpson extends

StroudieGlaws 02 Dec 2019 11:04 am said..

timrob1969 wrote:well I think it is excellent news!

This.
Excellent news indeed.
StroudieGlaws
On the board

King Prawn Bhuna 02 Dec 2019 11:06 am said..

Forgive my lack of internet and social media savvy but where did anyone see a hyped up notice of BIG NEWS. Apart from on Shedweb?

These seem innocuous straightforward announcements to me...apart from the second one which is obviously done by someone with too much time on their hands ;)

https://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/2019/12/02/joe-simpson-signs-contract-renewal-to-extend-stay-with-gloucester-rugby/
https://twitter.com/gloucesterrugby/status/1201446153780441089
https://twitter.com/gloucesterrugby/status/1201440955733295105

...and it's excellent news. It will be interesting to see if Heinz keeps his place in the England set up come the 6Ns....
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

NorthernShedHead 02 Dec 2019 11:13 am said..

Think this is what got people talking!
Attachments
Screenshot_20191202-111457_Twitter.jpg
NorthernShedHead
Hero in the making

jeppy89 02 Dec 2019 11:17 am said..

It’s not huge news but it’s definitely a good bit of business.

Also says quite clearly if you play well the club will reward appropriately.
jeppy89
Vice-Captain

RTS2 02 Dec 2019 11:22 am said..

jeppy89 wrote:It’s not huge news but it’s definitely a good bit of business.

Also says quite clearly if you play well the club will reward appropriately.

It may also confirm that CB is leaving . Would cause a big problem to the management IF they couldn't attract another " top" scrum -half and JS was offered a contract elsewhere. Play it safe
RTS2
Hall of Famer

shedwebadmin 02 Dec 2019 11:34 am said..

Really good news, only worry for me is if both Heinz and Simpson are called up for england.. great for them of course, but it potentially leaves us exposed..
Can’t have it both ways I guess, just have to run the risk..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
shedwebadmin
Site Admin

Notters 02 Dec 2019 11:35 am said..

Really disappointed was expecting another big concert announcement after girl band/boy band and have already pressed my tartan flares in case it was the Bay City Rollers :D
Notters
First team regular

Russglos 02 Dec 2019 11:36 am said..

shedwebadmin wrote:Really good news, only worry for me is if both Heinz and Simpson are called up for england.. great for them of course, but it potentially leaves us exposed..

But starting a new world cup cycle England will be looking for a young scrum half?
Russglos
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 02 Dec 2019 11:39 am said..

Russglos wrote:
shedwebadmin wrote:Really good news, only worry for me is if both Heinz and Simpson are called up for england.. great for them of course, but it potentially leaves us exposed..

But starting a new world cup cycle England will be looking for a young scrum half?

Youngs was poor v Saints yesterday...and they've got Chiefs next....not looking good for his prospects playing in a bottom of the table team again this season.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

ryno_chelt 02 Dec 2019 11:39 am said..

That's almost certainly a worry you don't have to have. I can't imagine Eddie will be building a team for the next world cup with a 33 year old (despite how well he played AND a 31 year old). I'd expect to see Spencer, Youngs/Heinz as the older head, plus a Robson/project player.

Looking forward to seeing the new EPS though. Thorlo has to be in the mix...doesn't he?
ryno_chelt
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby