The best Centre combination ?

Re: The best Centre combination ?

LegendoftAutostrada 03 Dec 2019 19:09 pm said..

RTS2 wrote:Fordy
Peter Pritchard
Paul Taylor
Steve Parsloe

I think you mean Phil Pritchard, doctor and amateur jockey of some renown after he packed in rugby. (And you missed hooker Kevin White from the replacements).

Have to disagree on Moggy. A complete and utter hero but a better wing-threequarter than a centre, IMHO.
LegendoftAutostrada
First team regular

RTS2 03 Dec 2019 19:39 pm said..

LegendoftAutostrada wrote:
RTS2 wrote:Fordy
Peter Pritchard
Paul Taylor
Steve Parsloe

I think you mean Phil Pritchard, doctor and amateur jockey of some renown after he packed in rugby. (And you missed hooker Kevin White from the replacements).

Have to disagree on Moggy. A complete and utter hero but a better wing-threequarter than a centre, IMHO.

Ha yes of course -apologies to Phil and Kevin . How could I have forgotten him ? !.

Yes Moggy was an excellent winger , but I think he would have excelled in the modern game as a 13 . Just look at that pack though.....times have changed but we so need some of that forward power and driving now.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

westglos 04 Dec 2019 09:38 am said..

RTS2 - Didn't Mike Longstaff start his Gloucester (& Richians) career as a fullback, but then reinvent himself as a brilliant openside? (Seem to recall he place kicked too?)
westglos
Senior squad member
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby