Glaws V Chiefs OGT

Re: Glaws V Chiefs OGT

RTS2 15 Feb 2020 15:29 pm said..

Chalker wrote:We were disappointed to hear some small pockets of booing when Matt K came on last night, not sure if it was pantomime?
Wonder where he is heading at the end of the season?

IF they can squeeze him in under the cap my money is on Brizzle who are VERY keen to sign him from what I have heard; although I'm sure he'd be very welcome back at Wuss . Rollo ?
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Lambpie 15 Feb 2020 15:36 pm said..

I was slightly surprised last night that after the 2 penalties that Val was involved in that clearly had an effect on him, his head and shoulders seemed to go down, and he was substituted a short time after, that none of the other players particularly the captain or senior pros spoke to him, put an arm round his shoulders to try and pick him up and even when he did go off none of the other players gave him any encouragement, he just trudged off disconsulately
Lambpie
Hero in the making

RTS2 15 Feb 2020 15:50 pm said..

Lambpie wrote:I was slightly surprised last night that after the 2 penalties that Val was involved in that clearly had an effect on him, his head and shoulders seemed to go down, and he was substituted a short time after, that none of the other players particularly the captain or senior pros spoke to him, put an arm round his shoulders to try and pick him up and even when he did go off none of the other players gave him any encouragement, he just trudged off disconsulately

Yes poignant observation Lambpie .

I think Akkers sensed a card was imminent ...certainly he had been pinged a couple of times. He hasn't really quite hit his potential at Glaws . At Wuss he was often the stand out front- rower. He does have the "air" of a bit of a sulker at times. Maybe I am being a tad harsh .
RTS2
Hall of Famer

SIBARITE 15 Feb 2020 15:59 pm said..

RTS2 wrote:Knighter looked very good when he came on last night and if he could play like that for 55-60 minutes every match he would be starting. He does have the potential and although very young still he has the raw strength. He needs confidence and last night might have just given him that self-belief to step up.

Also, a mention for Todd G. I must admit it; whatever his small stature etc; his throwing -in is excellent. He is probably the most accurate thrower of the ball we have seen at CG for some seasons.

We were our own worse enemies again last night. The last ten minutes showed us what might and could have been. Chiefs deserved the win. No doubt about that. They used the elements more wisely than we did and applied the right pressure at the right time which forced errors. The penalties were stupid one’s in some cases and they cost us dearly.

Simpsons departure was a bit of a blow as he was looking sharp. In fairness Braley got into the match more and more as it developed; but he doesn’t seem to install the same confidence and sense of direction as WH or JS.

We appeared to be lacking leadership last night. It was as if the side had no one at the helm.

Finally .Polledri. It has been asked so many times …. why is he on the bench?. Why?......

Inexperienced in the role as Captain ; but IMO he already leads by example !!

It must be Dennis bringing out the windbag.
SIBARITE
Senior squad member

carterb121 15 Feb 2020 16:12 pm said..

Watching the Leicester v Wasps game, the breakdown is such a problem in the game at the moment. Players lying on the wrong side, players half supporting their body weight over the ball, players flying off their feet from the front, from the side, neck rolls, take your pick! Each ref has their own interpretation and even then they're not consistent as there are infringements at every single one. Complete lottery, feel for the players as I don't know how they're supposed to react to a referee and I don't know how the governing bodies of the game can sort it out.
This is not excusing all of the pens we are conceding, some have certainly been very dense but I think some are in the 'open to interpretation' category, especially around the breakdown!
carterb121
Vice-Captain

Forrester 15 Feb 2020 16:34 pm said..

RTS2 wrote:
Lambpie wrote:I was slightly surprised last night that after the 2 penalties that Val was involved in that clearly had an effect on him, his head and shoulders seemed to go down, and he was substituted a short time after, that none of the other players particularly the captain or senior pros spoke to him, put an arm round his shoulders to try and pick him up and even when he did go off none of the other players gave him any encouragement, he just trudged off disconsulately

Yes poignant observation Lambpie .

I think Akkers sensed a card was imminent ...certainly he had been pinged a couple of times. He hasn't really quite hit his potential at Glaws . At Wuss he was often the stand out front- rower. He does have the "air" of a bit of a sulker at times. Maybe I am being a tad harsh .

Neither penalty was against Val. The first was Marais going off his feet, the second was Morgan. You could clearly hear on the commentary both times the ref say to him that he was fine. He was very unlucky, if the others hadn’t been there on each occasion it would have been two clear turnovers.
Forrester
Hall of Famer

Manylayers 15 Feb 2020 16:36 pm said..

Completely agree Carterb121. I am also fed up with defences being constantly offside, ours included. It just stifles the game leaving no space for more entertaining rugby. I dislike the term ‘line speed’ which seems to me to be a euphemism.
Manylayers
Senior squad member

Lambpie 15 Feb 2020 16:40 pm said..

Forrester wrote:
RTS2 wrote:

Neither penalty was against Val. The first was Marais going off his feet, the second was Morgan. You could clearly hear on the commentary both times the ref say to him that he was fine. He was very unlucky, if the others hadn’t been there on each occasion it would have been two clear turnovers.

Unfortunately I didn't hear the commentary as I was at the game and don't use the ref link. I thought he had been penalised mainly due to his body language when the ref signalled the penalty so I stand corrected. I stand by the rest though that his body language was such that an arm round the shoulder wouldn't have gone amiss
Lambpie
Hero in the making

Citizen Rob 15 Feb 2020 17:38 pm said..

Some thoughts on last night's game, a defeat that unfortunately I think shows the side have gone backwards: http://bit.ly/GlawsGoneBackwards

Still time to turn it around but we haven't seen the Gloucester of last season yet.
Citizen Rob
Vice-Captain

caldiglaws 15 Feb 2020 18:16 pm said..

To be honest i dont think this disjointed season with the late start the premiership cup(at least our aporoach to it) has helped losing Ed Slater up until.now has left us a bit leaderless on the pitch and im not sure that since our defence voach amnounced he is off at the end of the season that our coaching team is all singing from the samr hymn sheet so to speak our lsck of a fit back up to Danny has caused issues to
caldiglaws
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby