Forum abuse

Forum abuse

DieTrying 15 Feb 2020 21:45 pm said..

If anything, the Caroline Flack thread shows us what can happen when personal abuse gets out of hand. What you may think is banter, isn't to others and Mental Health awareness is high on the agenda. Therefore, and it has been mentioned before by admin / mods, please avoid personal abuse against Players and fellow posters. That does include direct abuse, indirect abuse and sarcasm. Who am I to spout off some of you may say.? Well being Ex RAF Police means I've probably been abused by far more people than most. As an Ex City Councillor, that also brought abuse. As a Senior Union Official at a large local Engineering Company, I have to deal with more "Dignity at work" cases than you think & I imagine some of you see the same. At the end of the day I'm no shrinking violet and can dish it out where necessary. However before you post, review what you've written. Please take this as a soft warning but if any posts crosses the line, I'll quite happily delete them and I suspect the others Mods will take the same stance. NOTE: Before anyone gets on their high horse over Mods can't do that, freedom of speech etc, etc. THINK: Would you say the same to somebody if you were actually talking to them face to face.
John Neary
DieTrying

Re: Forum abuse

Westterracefaithful 15 Feb 2020 22:06 pm said..

But why is there a thread about a second rate celeb tosh tv presenter on a forum about bloody rugby in the first place?

Shedweb has gone downhill a lot recently. I used to enjoy posting and having fun in this forum, but It seems like a bit of a boys club now with either a bunch of blokes on first name terms using it as a personal mates board or for miserable old sh**s to have slanging matches.

Honestly either mod or don’t but this type of virtue signalling in a site about Glos rugby is simply nonsense

Go ahead and delete this Mr. Mod.as I suspect you will.
WTF as a moniker may, or may not, have been entirely intentional...
Westterracefaithful
Vice-Captain

Lord Lucan 15 Feb 2020 22:28 pm said..

Perhaps the mods could start with stamping out the mocking and abuse of a certain poster by the clique.
Lord Lucan
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 15 Feb 2020 22:48 pm said..

Westterracefaithful wrote:But why is there a thread about a on a forum about bloody rugby in the first place?

Shedweb has gone downhill a lot recently. I used to enjoy posting and having fun in this forum, but It seems like a bit of a boys club now with either a bunch of blokes on first name terms using it as a personal mates board or for miserable old sh**s to have slanging matches.

Honestly either mod or don’t but this type of virtue signalling in a site about Glos rugby is simply nonsense

I suspect it was posted as she'd had a relationship with one of our players. Now in your eyes she may well be a " second rate celeb tosh tv presenter". however she was still a Human being like you or I and no one should be in a place that dark, where suicide is an option. Hopefully your life is that good, never implodes and you don't end up on that road. Should it have been posted on the Non Rugby board? Possibly. Is it a Boys Club because First names are being used? No idea and I suspect that many posters may actually know each other in reality, but haven't a clue on here due to the use of nicks. Has SW gone downhill? Well that's a personal opinion, with which I can't argue. Now as for the miserable old sh**s having "slanging" matches? I think you've just proved my point. Will I delete your Post? Nope. However to save your sensitivity, I'll move it to the non rugby tab.
John Neary
DieTrying

DieTrying 15 Feb 2020 22:48 pm said..

Lord Lucan wrote:Perhaps the mods could start with stamping out the mocking and abuse of a certain poster by the clique.

PM me LL.
John Neary
DieTrying

TheOptimistSenior 15 Feb 2020 22:57 pm said..

Westterracefaithful wrote:But why is there a thread about a second rate celeb tosh tv presenter on a forum about bloody rugby in the first place?..

Quite simple really, humanity and feeling for your fellow man.
Some things are infinitely more important than rugby.
DavidSillince, the slopes of Mayhill.
TheOptimistSenior
Hero in the making

Beddis 15 Feb 2020 22:59 pm said..

Also you don’t have to read it if you don’t want to. It’s not hidden in a click bait sort of way like ‘all Gloucester fans must read this!!!’

Sometimes it doesn’t hurt to ignore things you have no interest in???
Posts: 4254  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

colinboag 15 Feb 2020 23:33 pm said..

I posted it because Cips, who knew her, posted about her death. I've seen posts with much more tenuous links than that posted on here. Thankfully most people read it as it what it was and expressed sorrow about this horrific story.
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

shedwebadmin 16 Feb 2020 00:23 am said..

Indeed GS, bang on.

It’s a damned shame that a person feels there is no other option, and that there is nobody that can help.
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
shedwebadmin
Site Admin

SIBARITE 16 Feb 2020 07:42 am said..

Westterracefaithful wrote:But why is there a thread about a second rate celeb tosh tv presenter on a forum about bloody rugby in the first place?

Spot on!
SIBARITE
Vice-Captain
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby