Positivity thread

Positivity thread

Baz 22 Mar 2020 12:42 pm said..

Need cheering up? Put it in this thread. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Jokes or uplifting stuff is what people want in these times.... not realism and misery, we have TV for that.

I’ll kick off. I was in Devon last week when I heard about panic buying and a fight in the Bath road. I went up there yesterday people keeping social distance but a lot of the cafes have changed their usage. Also best sausage rolls ever just past the co op towards Leckhampton. Loads of bread in the cafes, cakes and necessary items in the convenience shops. Nice vibe. We are slowly adapting. Dyson is now making ventilators so that Bath will be the fittest in the league on its return. My wife, after many years is cooking again. I’m so happy I’m going to continue paying £90 a month for my empty 1873 seat. It’s sunny and the garden looks lovely. Anyone beat that?
Baz
Hall of Famer

Re: Positivity thread

adam 22 Mar 2020 12:49 pm said..

The sun is shining, I’ve mowed the west lawn.
Raoul is still baking the best bread in the shire.
‘Nam is blessed with excellent breweries doing home delivery and favourite beers is open for off sales.
Rugby, music, beer inanities @adamashby
adam
Senior squad member

Baz 22 Mar 2020 12:53 pm said..

adam wrote:The sun is shining, I’ve mowed the west lawn.
Raoul is still baking the best bread in the shire.
‘Nam is blessed with excellent breweries doing home delivery and favourite beers is open for off sales.

Which ones Adam. I’m thinking of becoming an alcoholic, which is a big career move for me. Red wine is over rated.
Baz
Hall of Famer

adam 22 Mar 2020 13:24 pm said..

Battledown (home delivery) and Deya (at favourite beers)
Clavell and Hind I think are doing home delivery
Rugby, music, beer inanities @adamashby
adam
Senior squad member

Baz 22 Mar 2020 13:42 pm said..

Thanks Adam I’ll give them a go. It’s a slow burner this one but now we’ve mentioned ‘beer’ the ‘real ale’ mob will be all over this thread. Positivity and humour will flow like a mature ‘pale ale’.....maybe?

66 people on line.... not registered, come on in, the waters lovely. It would be nice to hear from current players too, you know you want to. We are all in this thing together, times have changed and anything interesting would be greatly appreciated, even if they are reluctant to do so?
Baz
Hall of Famer

GlawsyD 22 Mar 2020 14:06 pm said..

Baz,
Wychwood in Witney ( and other partner breweries) plus Plain Ales in Warminster are doing similar home deliveries. I dare say if you contact any brewery they will be looking to do what business they can. Anyone looking for beer in the Coventry area should perhaps pm Covglaws who is with Churchend. Try breweries direct before the supermarkets start cashing in.
Before the pub closures CAMRA were suggesting folks go to the pubs and use the 2/4 pint 'growler' for home takeaways.

Luv
'One of the Real Ale & Cider Mob'
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

Hucclecote Glaws 22 Mar 2020 14:12 pm said..

Gloucester Brewery are doing free deliveries to all GL postcodes.
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Hucclecote Glaws
Hall of Famer

foresterinyorks 22 Mar 2020 14:36 pm said..

Our local here in N Yorkshire is delivering draught Taylor's Landlord with a food take away.
Last edited by foresterinyorks on 22 Mar 2020 14:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

Lewi7 22 Mar 2020 14:38 pm said..

The sun is shining, the bbq cleaned and now cooking......next decision, beer or wine (or both).
Posts: 3919  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7

Baz 22 Mar 2020 14:49 pm said..

Lewi7 wrote:The sun is shining, the bbq cleaned and now cooking......next decision, beer or wine (or both).

I’m thinking of going for a fire pit this year and what a great time to do it. A few firebricks, some volcanic pebbles, sand and a cover for the hole and ‘you’re uncles Bob’ lots of youtube videos on it and I will be joining Lewi in a ‘virtual barbecue’, like a barbecue conference call? cracking.

Thanks for the delivery tips by the way. 8-)
#LetsAdapt
Baz
Hall of Famer
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby