Positivity thread

Re: Positivity thread

Graham Cartmell 04 Jul 2020 09:42 am said..

plod wrote:But isn’t it hindmost foot, not hand?

Good point. In which case then, I’d like to hear the thoughts of one of the qualified refs on here
The older I get the faster I was. Used to be known as Peanutcoxy
Graham Cartmell
Hall of Famer

Lurker 04 Jul 2020 23:29 pm said..

Just watched Barbarians vs New Zealand 1973 on scrum V on BBC iPlayer. THAT try was wonderful to watch yet again but there were other great passing movements that brought a smile to my face. Best TGI g about the game compared to today was the scrums. No messing about, linked together quickly as an 8, then locked against the opposing pack. Scrums all took place in a few seconds.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Lurker
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 05 Jul 2020 00:16 am said..

Lurker wrote:Just watched Barbarians vs New Zealand 1973 on scrum V on BBC iPlayer. THAT try was wonderful to watch yet again but there were other great passing movements that brought a smile to my face. Best TGI g about the game compared to today was the scrums. No messing about, linked together quickly as an 8, then locked against the opposing pack. Scrums all took place in a few seconds.

But who was the only English player to touch the ball in the move that led to that try? No cheating :D
John Neary
DieTrying

Lurker 05 Jul 2020 00:25 am said..

Please sir - I know!!!!
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Lurker
Hall of Famer

Stephen Bond aka LSH 05 Jul 2020 07:01 am said..

John Neary aka DT wrote:
Lurker wrote:Just watched Barbarians vs New Zealand 1973 on scrum V on BBC iPlayer. THAT try was wonderful to watch yet again but there were other great passing movements that brought a smile to my face. Best TGI g about the game compared to today was the scrums. No messing about, linked together quickly as an 8, then locked against the opposing pack. Scrums all took place in a few seconds.

But who was the only English player to touch the ball in the move that led to that try? No cheating :D

John pullin
Stephen Bond aka LSH
On the board

Mark Dudley 05 Jul 2020 10:28 am said..

And without cheating again - the other two Englishmen in the 15?
Previously Mark from Stroud
Mark Dudley
Hall of Famer

Alfred Lord Tension 05 Jul 2020 10:30 am said..

Bob Wilkinson as well. Uncapped at the time
Alfred Lord Tension
Vice-Captain

DieTrying 05 Jul 2020 10:59 am said..

Mark from Stroud wrote:And without cheating again - the other two Englishmen in the 15?

David Duckham?
John Neary
DieTrying

Mark Dudley 05 Jul 2020 11:09 am said..

Yes to both.
Previously Mark from Stroud
Mark Dudley
Hall of Famer

plod 05 Jul 2020 11:41 am said..

I still would like to know if the off side line at a ruck is hindmost foot or hindmost part of body.
plod
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby