Japan Team after Ackermann

Japan Team after Ackermann

Shedsince '68 10 May 2020 08:36 am said..

Rugby paper reporting that Japanese Team NTT DoCoMo are after our coach. Apparently he is the only name on their wanted list.
Shedsince '68
Turns out for the A team

Re: Japan Team after Ackermann

GlawsyD 10 May 2020 09:02 am said..

You mean like this?

ジョハン アcケrマンン
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

shedwebber 10 May 2020 09:06 am said..

Hands off! He’s ours and not going anywhere soon.
Éire go Brách!
shedwebber
On the board

TP17 10 May 2020 09:27 am said..

I’m sure many clubs would ‘want’ him, but considering he signed a new 3 year contract in May last year I doubt they will get him.

This does draw an interesting debate to be had here though, in the absence of much Gloucester related rugby news to discuss. Would you be opposed to JA leaving, if the Japanese club paid off the remaining 2 years of his contract? Considering the current situation, I’m sure the cash would be most welcome. Personally, I would be dead against it.
TP17
Hall of Famer

MrGlawsRocker 10 May 2020 09:30 am said..

with us until season end 21/22 - finger crossed another contract will be forthcoming for him to stay at Kingsholm before then!
In Ackermann we Trust.
MrGlawsRocker
Hall of Famer

Gb83 10 May 2020 09:36 am said..

TP17 wrote:I’m sure many clubs would ‘want’ him, but considering he signed a new 3 year contract in May last year I doubt they will get him.

This does draw an interesting debate to be had here though, in the absence of much Gloucester related rugby news to discuss. Would you be opposed to JA leaving, if the Japanese club paid off the remaining 2 years of his contract? Considering the current situation, I’m sure the cash would be most welcome. Personally, I would be dead against it.

Wouldn’t make sense to me, we might get some compensation but then we’d have to source another coach and potentially buy them out.

Sport will resume behind closed doors as it has in Germany and horse racing in France.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

TP17 10 May 2020 09:42 am said..

Gb83 wrote:Wouldn’t make sense to me, we might get some compensation but then we’d have to source another coach and potentially buy them out.

I tend to agree. Especially considering we are currently defence coach-less at the moment. Also, most importantly, would JA want to leave?
TP17
Hall of Famer

Jimbodini 10 May 2020 09:49 am said..

No way I would want JA to leave. He is the right man for the job and would be gutted if he left the club. Hoping it’s no more than rumour
Jimbodini
Vice-Captain

Lurker 10 May 2020 09:50 am said..

consistency in coaching as well as players is key to a successful team - oh and a full strength pack and a great set of backs. Last season we had all of these, this season (so far) we have been below par up front. Fix that and I think the future looks a lot brighter.
Lurker
Hall of Famer

TP17 10 May 2020 10:02 am said..

Has our pack changed much from last season? We lost Paddy McAllister, Tom Savage and Gareth Evans but gained JFR, Simon Linsell and promoted Ciaran Knight, Alex Seville, Henry Walker and Alex Craig to senior contracts.
TP17
Hall of Famer
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby