Japan Team after Ackermann

Re: Japan Team after Ackermann

spanish exile 20 May 2020 20:03 pm said..

foresterinyorks wrote:
spanish exile wrote:
foresterinyorks wrote:There is a communication from LB on the latest newsletter.

Whats it say please

Dear Supporter,
In July, Johan Ackermann will be leaving Gloucester Rugby to join the NTT DoCoMo
Red Hurricanes in Japan.
Johan approached us a couple of weeks ago to say that he had been presented with
a few coaching opportunities, and for personal reasons would like permission to
pursue them. Understanding his personal reasons, we granted him that permission.
We of course wish him all the very best in his new adventure.
As we have known about Johan’s plans for a little while, David Humphreys has
drawn up a shortlist of potential candidates, and now that things are finalized
between Johan and the Red Hurricanes we can start the process of approaching our
potential candidates.
Once we have agreed on the appointment of a new Head Coach we will let you
know.
I have obviously seen the speculation over the last few days. It would have been
good to be able to let you know about this matter sooner, but given that things have
only just been finalized I hope you understand the reasons for only letting you know
now.
There have been some pretty wild suggestions in the press and on social media
about what is happening within our Club. Life is too short to refute all of them, but
what I would say is that, as I’m sure you know, you cannot believe everything you
read. We have a great squad of players, coaches, support staff and commercial
staff. We’re strong as a team and we will continue to work together to bring the
success to Gloucester Rugby that we all strive for.
As always, but especially now, we hugely appreciate your support.
Yours sincerely
Lance Bradley
Chief Executive Officer

Thankyou
spanish exile
Hero in the making

foresterinyorks 20 May 2020 20:08 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:Good post Mute.

I really have no idea who to believe here. I don’t know if there is something seriously wrong and toxic, or if the likes of Andy Goode are shizzle stirring.

One thing I am certain about however is that a few people on here are jumping to massive conclusions and casting some serious aspersions about individuals without providing one single shred of evidence to back them up.

Yes.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

glawfindel 20 May 2020 20:18 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:Good post Mute.

I really have no idea who to believe here. I don’t know if there is something seriously wrong and toxic, or if the likes of Andy Goode are shizzle stirring.

One thing I am certain about however is that a few people on here are jumping to massive conclusions and casting some serious aspersions about individuals without providing one single shred of evidence to back them up.

Is this your first visit to ShedWeb? :lol:
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

colinboag 20 May 2020 21:07 pm said..

Leb, surely you must be just a little bit unsettled about what's going on? It might all turn out fine in the end, but so far I'm not sure the club has handled it as well as it might have done. All seems a bit reactive rather than proactive - a lot going on behind the scenes I'm sure! ;)
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 20 May 2020 22:02 pm said..

Colin I’m very unsettled. Very. I have my own suspicions but they are just that, and I have no evidence whatsoever to support them so I am keeping quiet (for a change :lol: ). I see some posters saying LB this, DH that etc etc, and that doesn’t sit well with me because we simply don’t know!
Lebowski
Dude

Oxford Glaws 20 May 2020 22:32 pm said..

Oakwood wrote: No idea about JA but DH is a snake!

That's a rather unpleasant comment. Is it based on personal knowledge?

Personally, I find David Humphreys to be a highly courteous individual - perhaps a little more serious-minded and cerebral than many at the club (and maybe that's what makes him disliked by some). He certainly never gurned and shrugged his way through TV interviews after we have lost badly, nor does he clown around on podcasts, but this is a good thing in my book. It's notable how folk on here who cartwheel in ecstacy when he pulls of some major signing coup, (Ackermann, Cips, Slater etc), but as soon as there is the sniff of any dissent in the dressing room he is suddenly the author of all our woes.
www.fumblings.net
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

foresterinyorks 21 May 2020 06:51 am said..

Of course there are issue at the club and these are very concerning.
However, what also concerns me is that the present debate seems to be largely based on the comments by Andy Goode, who may or may not, have an agenda, and which in turn were based on what seemed to be second hand information. The fact is, we just do not know the truth, or at least the whole truth, and probably never will.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

TP17 21 May 2020 07:35 am said..

Oxford Glaws wrote:Personally, I find David Humphreys to be a highly courteous individual - perhaps a little more serious-minded and cerebral than many at the club (and maybe that's what makes him disliked by some). He certainly never gurned and shrugged his way through TV interviews after we have lost badly, nor does he clown around on podcasts, but this is a good thing in my book. It's notable how folk on here who cartwheel in ecstacy when he pulls of some major signing coup, (Ackermann, Cips, Slater etc), but as soon as there is the sniff of any dissent in the dressing room he is suddenly the author of all our woes.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s very tedious.
TP17
Hall of Famer

Herefordpropforward 21 May 2020 07:55 am said..

We humans are essentially emotional creatures - it’s part of our biology and part of cultural impact. Nothing wrong with that - it makes us who we are . Then along comes social media and suddenly we can broadcast without constraint our fears, our prejudices, our suspicions, our likes, our dislikes, our concerns , our anger, our worries, and any other baggage we carry around in our heads. We have no training in how to use this new mode of communication effectively so out spews all sorts of stuff in a great pile. Now I know that is stating the bleeding obvious but , just perhaps from time to time we need to remind ourselves that what we read may not be the reality. For the record I have never believed in conspiracies - I take the cock up view of history. Candidly we folk are not clever enough to deliver conspiracies - albeit that plotting and seeing cherry and whites under beds can be exciting stuff to talk about. The professional rugby game is about to be subjected to all sorts of stresses and strains - lets keep some consistency in Senior management and let’s bring in a head coach who understands that funny old institution - Glos RFC.
West is best
Herefordpropforward
Hero in the making

foresterinyorks 21 May 2020 07:59 am said..

I like that Herefordpropforward.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby