Japan Team after Ackermann

Re: Japan Team after Ackermann

steckers 21 May 2020 10:09 am said..

Yes forester I agree - but the suggestion was that maybe he was just stirring. I find that hard to believe.

Goode will have sources everywhere considering how many different clubs he played for. I can think of a fair few glos players he would know quite well.
steckers
Hall of Famer

foresterinyorks 21 May 2020 10:13 am said..

I don't believe I suggested he was stirring it. If I did it was erroneous.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 21 May 2020 11:24 am said..

Lebowski wrote:That clears that up.

:D ;) :D ;) :D ;) - very good Leb !!

Steckers - Maybe re-read your post and ask why Leb made his flippant observation. You said nothing-much and/or contradicted yourself and summarised saying you didn't know at all what to believe AND then stated a belief !!

TBH who the f*ck really knows !!

I am amused how many on SW dislike DH come-what-may. To some he appears to be a cross between the Devil and Dominic Cummings. I have met him on several occasions and thought him charming and straightforward and a mate of mine knows him well and has nothing but praise for him. Of course in his role he will have made some enemies (but they will be biased). Who likes a boss when he refuses a pay-rise or replaces them ??

Maybe it's because DH's bright and quiet - unlike many GRFC-supporting "mutes" - that they simply don't like him !!
Last edited by Gloucester Mute on 21 May 2020 13:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2085  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Sky blue 21 May 2020 11:30 am said..

steckers wrote:Sorry Leb - if that's in response to my post - I'm not able to clear it up. The way that I look at it - there are 2 sides to every story!!!

Re Goode - I don't think you stay newsworthy if people don't believe what you are reporting.

Are you familiar with Boris Johnson or Donald Trump,and if we want to focus in on the reporting part, The Sun or Fox News?

I’m amazed that people are so quick to assume that Goode has any idea what he’s talking about.
Sky blue
Hall of Famer

Flash 21 May 2020 12:00 pm said..

BoJo, Trump, Fox News and The Sun have clearly demonstrated that their messages can't be trusted and consequently they can't be trusted as messengers because they are happy to generate/repeat drivel.

In Goode's case, as a regular listener of the Rugby Podcast I've usually found him to be articulate, inciteful and quite honest with his messages (poor Jim is also quite honest, but a lot less inciteful and articulate - but at least he adds comedic value!). Admittedly Goode's quite cagey when it comes to Wasps reporting but that's to be expected as he's employed by them.

So I don't immediately dismiss Goode's reporting of the current Glaws situation, but I don't expect him to have the full story either. However, without knowing more of the details I'm worried that Goode's description is a pretty good fit for what we know (Ackermann not fulfilling the length of his contract, going to a less established country and club in terms of Rugby, being further from his home country (and possibly family) etc).
Flash
First team regular

theoptimist 21 May 2020 12:09 pm said..

Rumour is an interesting thing. Research indicates that in terms of social bonding it’s the human equivalent of chimps grooming for fleas... go figure.

Rumour sharing seems to fall in to one of three categories as far as I can tell... I’ve tried to correlate them to chimp grooming speak...

1. The “I’ve heard this from...but not sure if it’s true...” (Mmm... I picked a few off Chumba yesterday you know, I’ll have a check behind your ears).

2. The “I definitely know something but that’s all I can say about it.” (You have fleas but I’m too busy grooming that charming bonobo I met yesterday to help).

3. The “This is fact”... (You are infested with fleas OR me? Last week? Fleas? Fake news!)

Which option someone goes for may say a lot - unlike this post. Regardless - it’s just rumour and as Leb says ... it helps clear everything up... :lol:
theoptimist
Hero in the making

steckers 21 May 2020 12:16 pm said..

Sorry GM - but you've pretty well summed up my position!!! As I said, I no longer know what to believe - except, the whole thing is a mess. I will say this, I don't think this would have played out like this had SV been there.

It's conceivable to me that different people may have a different perspective of the whole thing.

As Flash has said, I believe Goode to be an honest guy and generally is on the money with things. I do appreciate that the media can be slanted but I don't consider him to be part of that.

Sorry that's not very helpful and contributes nothing to the thread.
Last edited by steckers on 21 May 2020 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steckers
Hall of Famer

stevieb 21 May 2020 12:41 pm said..

steckers wrote:Sorry GM - but you've pretty well summed up my position!!! As I said, I no longer know what to believe - accept, the whole thing is a mess. I will say this, I don't think this would have played out like this had SV been there.

It's conceivable to me that different people may have a different perspective of the whole thing.

As Flash has said, I believe Goode to be an honest guy and generally is on the money with things. I do appreciate that the media can be slanted but I don't consider him to be part of that.

Sorry that's not very helpful and contributes nothing to the thread.

You don't know what to believe but think it's a mess? How, if you don't know what's true other than 'man leaves his job for new job'?
stevieb
Hall of Famer

steckers 21 May 2020 12:53 pm said..

Sorry, I thought that was clear. I have no doubt there has been ongoing problems/issues that have led to JA leaving.

I guess what I mean is - I don't know who is to blame!!! I have no doubt that it's a mess.
steckers
Hall of Famer

plod 21 May 2020 13:07 pm said..

Will we get to page 94?
plod
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby