Season Ticket

Re: Season Ticket

20 May 2020 21:39 pm:

Premiership Rugby’s hopes of completing their full league programme were on Wednesday night said to be “a long shot” with clubs now not expected to return to training until next month at the earliest, Telegraph Sport can reveal.

Hopes of a swift return to training this week were effectively dashed on Wednesday following a meeting between the clubs' medical officers and the Rugby Football Union’s medical services director, Dr Simon Kemp.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

21 May 2020 05:03 am:

steckers wrote:I notice they are still selling membership at present.

They may still have tickets for sale but its hard to believe that anybody would buy one at this moment in time.
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Hall of Famer

21 May 2020 05:44 am:

Would be good if they could strike a deal with tv companies, if next season is going to be behind closed doors, to allow season ticket holders a way of watching all games live? Dont know if that would be poss or not
Hall of Famer

21 May 2020 06:09 am:

Number10 wrote:Would be good if they could strike a deal with tv companies, if next season is going to be behind closed doors, to allow season ticket holders a way of watching all games live? Dont know if that would be poss or not

I think the only way for rugby and other sport to survive is to make it pay per view, large crowds aren’t going to be allowed this or next season I imagine.

Season ticket holders should get games free or a discount and then others can pick which games to pay for.

Fair play to those still paying their DD’s, I’m not sure I would be to be honest.
Hall of Famer

21 May 2020 06:42 am:

covglaws wrote:I'm happy to let the unused part of this season's ticket go, if that's what happens, however I've already paid for next season, in full. We don't even know what, if anything, is going to be played next season, yet. I know this dreadful situation is not of their making, but are they going to just take the money regardless. I know they are going to be strapped for cash, but me too.

The three of us in our group are in the same position - paid in full before the discount deadline. Usually if a company fails to provide goods or services for which you have paid by credit card in advance, you can get a refund from the card company. This may be something that we have recourse to if the club fails to deliver a satisfactory solution.

Meanwhile, as custodiaans of our hard-earned, it behoves the club club behave in an exepmplary manner in relation to their communications with the season ticket holders and the way in which they conduct themselves off the field. They are not off to a very good start on that score.
www.fumblings.net
Vice-Captain

21 May 2020 08:09 am:

Worrying Silence!

Putting aside the Coronavirus crisis which has hit the country and Rugby, is anyone else concerned about what's happening at Gloucester Rugby, and what's going to happen going forward.

As a renewed Club Membership holder I'm paying a monthly Direct Debit for 2020/2021 season going forward. Every Club Member in the same situation has no cast iron guarantee going forward what's going to happen next season.

Should I still be making the DD payment in the current uncertainty, especially as the whole combined events of the last three months may result in the club going into administration.

The last two weeks has been complete turmoil for GR both amongst players, fans and club management. We've hit a complete wall of silence, just speculation filtering around.

What financial guarantees have I got for next season, or should I just accept, with blind faith the current Club position with the risk of becoming an Unsecured Creditor?
Hall of Famer

21 May 2020 09:29 am:

Wuss have a Q & A with the owners today so we are hoping for a bit more clarity, but my hopes aren't expecially high. As a poster has alluded to there is also the question of the Consumer Rights Act that coiuld come into play. It seems to me that all clubs can offer at the moment is a dream. The Wuss 10% reduction has however shown some kind of gesture.
Hall of Famer

21 May 2020 10:05 am:

Depending on what social distancing measures can apply in the future, Season ticket holders may be the only ones who can attend, if capacity is reduced. Although how that could work I haven’t got a clue.
Hall of Famer

21 May 2020 10:32 am:

PeterD wrote:Depending on what social distancing measures can apply in the future, Season ticket holders may be the only ones who can attend, if capacity is reduced. Although how that could work I haven’t got a clue.

Yes, probably the way to go. Capacities could be halved? eg Gloucesters capacity reduced to 8,000. Seats taken out? Golf clubs are currently
members only. Makes a reduction in the cap seem like good sense?
Hall of Famer

21 May 2020 10:56 am:

I wont be asking for any compenstation from the club, but I understand those who have been furloughed, layed off etc may wish to have some money returned. I believe though that the 10,000 or so of us season ticket holders need to keep paying our DD each month in blind faith that one day, Rugby will return. If we dont keep paying, then there is a good chance it will never return.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby