shawnsheep
Hero in the making

Re: So long and thanks for all the..

BomberWells 16 May 2020 08:05 am said..

Fantastic trip to Toulouse!
BomberWells
Senior squad member

Creamoftheprop 16 May 2020 08:51 am said..

Herefordpropforward wrote:Look stop this doom and gloom. He clearly wants to move on so good luck to him. There is a hint of personal reasons - who knows. To be candid I am not really interested. For me it’s a case of thank you and good night and we move on. I would rather see a home grown coach than some import who may have to take too long to learn the British game and the idiosyncrasies of Gloucester Rugby Club. Leaders arise in the most surprising way - may be we already have some within our own ranks? Come on folks the players and back room folk need positivity from us lot. The future could well be very bright - cherry and white bright in fact

Excellent post. Love this.

To add, couldnt care less why he left to me it's either money, which i'm kinda dissappointed by or personality clashes, which again disappoints me somewhat that professionals who are grown ups couldnt find a way to work together. I work with total pricks at times, still need to maintain a productive output to hit objectives. Anyway, as Herefordprop says.. future could be very bright indeed!!! :D
Creamoftheprop
Senior squad member

beachy 16 May 2020 10:35 am said..

I think he was an excellent coach for good conditions. The run to third last season and the Autumn games this season. tends to support this. It was bad luck that the early part of this year was so wet as I feel that since the middle of March we might have had a much better run.
Anyway, good luck to him.
beachy
First team regular

Gloucester Mute 16 May 2020 10:43 am said..

Wet, cold windy weather during the UK's windy months "bad luck" ??

I would say monstrously bad planning by JA and rest + a refusal of DC to adapt his/JA's preferred game-plan to unsuitable conditions. Rugby is a tactical game - not simply harum-scarum - and the weather, ground-conditions, opposition and referee all need to be borne in mind before and during matches. Not relentlessly pursue Plan A ad nauseam.

And in reply to the thread title - So long and thanks for all the cheesy grins and smiles + positivity irrespective of whatever the result/performance had been !! Was novel to start with BUT then really used to get on my wick......
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2362  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

beachy 16 May 2020 11:03 am said..

Point taken, but over the whole of last season it did not work out too badly.
beachy
First team regular

Creamoftheprop 16 May 2020 13:08 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Wet, cold windy weather during the UK's windy months "bad luck" ??

I would say monstrously bad planning by JA and rest + a refusal of DC to adapt his/JA's preferred game-plan to unsuitable conditions. Rugby is a tactical game - not simply harum-scarum - and the weather, ground-conditions, opposition and referee all need to be borne in mind before and during matches. Not relentlessly pursue Plan A ad nauseam.

And in reply to the thread title - So long and thanks for all the cheesy grins and smiles + positivity irrespective of whatever the result/performance had been !! Was novel to start with BUT then really used to get on my wick......

Spot on. Really grated. Really really grated.
Creamoftheprop
Senior squad member

SIBARITE 16 May 2020 14:21 pm said..

Creamoftheprop wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:Wet, cold windy weather during the UK's windy months "bad luck" ??

Spot on. Really grated. Really really grated.

Plus the assumption that his "Our Lord" was everyones. I thought that was really crass.
SIBARITE
Vice-Captain

steckers 16 May 2020 14:25 pm said..

That post certainly is a bit crass.
steckers
Hall of Famer

SIBARITE 16 May 2020 14:26 pm said..

steckers wrote:That post certainly is a bit crass.

How so?
SIBARITE
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby