So long and thanks for all the..

Re: So long and thanks for all the..

Not1eyed 16 May 2020 14:43 pm said..

Think I’ve missed something. What’s crass about any of these posts?
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

steckers 16 May 2020 15:03 pm said..

It's an unnecessary comment re Ackermann's faith which is both inaccurate and irrelevant. Feel's like a jibe which is not in keeping with the thread.
steckers
Hall of Famer

SIBARITE 16 May 2020 15:27 pm said..

steckers wrote:It's an unnecessary comment re Ackermann's faith which is both inaccurate and irrelevant. Feel's like a jibe which is not in keeping with the thread.

Its a memory which is what the title hints at. Johan made the comment on TV in a pre match interview while in his capacity as a Gloucester representative. His faith is his business. Assuming that I have the same faith is crass. So, both accurate and relevant. Good luck with his proselytising in Japan.
SIBARITE
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 16 May 2020 15:32 pm said..

.....finishing on a lengthy undefeated spell.....I’m no statto but I don’t think we’ve lost a match since Wasps 7th March about 11 weeks ...not quite a record but close.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

steckers 16 May 2020 15:42 pm said..

So in 3 yrs at Gloucester, he made a comment in an interview. Which I'm fairly sure was in response to a question. From that we arrive at 'proselytising'. Sorry but that's pathetic.

I've seen him speak at length twice, met him a couple of times and fairly sure I have watched just about every interview - and I don't recall this coming up. Maybe the odd comment about feeling blessed. It's a non-issue that has no relevance to his time at the club and certainly nothing to do with his departing. The issue has no place in this thread.
steckers
Hall of Famer

colinboag 16 May 2020 16:44 pm said..

To some extent I agree, but it is OK for us non-believers to feel slightly uncomfortable when coaches and players say that kind of thing...it seems to be a Saffa characteristic. It's not just rugby - playing golf for the first time in a while, someone said 'aren't we blessed' and my reaction wasn't what they'd hoped for!

My biggest concern in all of this is that once again Glaws is a laughing stock. The club's inability to find the right coach and then keep him worries me no end. If it was another club with this revolving door of coaches some wouldn't half be taking the mick!
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Camel 16 May 2020 17:44 pm said..

steckers wrote:So in 3 yrs at Gloucester, he made a comment in an interview. Which I'm fairly sure was in response to a question. From that we arrive at 'proselytising'. Sorry but that's pathetic.

I've seen him speak at length twice, met him a couple of times and fairly sure I have watched just about every interview - and I don't recall this coming up. Maybe the odd comment about feeling blessed. It's a non-issue that has no relevance to his time at the club and certainly nothing to do with his departing. The issue has no place in this thread.

Amen to that.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

steckers 16 May 2020 17:53 pm said..

:lol:

For what it's worth, I know people that use the word 'blessed' without any religious connotation.

If this is our biggest gripe, we truly are blessed.
steckers
Hall of Famer

colinboag 16 May 2020 18:24 pm said..

It's not actually my biggest gripe, that's the one about their need to flaunt their religion in nearly every Twitter post etc.! I've never seen the need for proselytising, but if it makes them feel good about themselves, hey ho.
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Russglos 16 May 2020 19:23 pm said..

steckers wrote::lol:

For what it's worth, I know people that use the word 'blessed' without any religious connotation.

If this is our biggest gripe, we truly are blessed.

Even that young woman on the TV ad for incontinence pads says, "blessed" regarding her, "bigger boobs" after having had a baby.
I'm so bored.
Russglos
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby