Next Head Coach should be.....

Next Head Coach should be.....

Beddis 15 May 2020 07:18 am said..

Who does everyone want to be next????

After thinking long and hard I think Lancaster would be the top of my shopping list. His weekly commute to Dublin must be hard on him and his family. Also he has experience working alongside a DOR role who has limited coaching input day to day in Cullen. He would be very hard to get but I now think he is ready to start his escalation to the top of English rugby again.

Otherwise Jamie Joseph, why not get him on the return flight when Johan leaves? Highly unlikely but no harm in trying???
Posts: 4209  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Re: Next Head Coach should be.....

Pauntley Boy 15 May 2020 07:24 am said..

Problem is the club haven’t exactly got money to burn at present (unlike Bristol). So although Lancaster would be great just don’t think we can afford him .
Pauntley Boy
Senior squad member

stuartjames 15 May 2020 07:25 am said..

Other than the commute, why would Lancaster leave a top of the table Irish province for a near bottom of the table English team with no chance of European rugby next season (if that ever goes ahead).

Like it or not, I don't think we're big/successful enough to attract somebody like Lancaster, and unfortunately haven't been for years.
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

SwindonGlos 15 May 2020 07:26 am said..

Agree 're Lancaster.

Can't see diamond leaving Sale or Baxter leaving Exeter. Don't really want anything to do with the tainted goods from Sarries as I don't believe they were not aware of what was going on.

I would rather a uk based rather than imported coach too. Don't care what their nationality is as long as they are based in the UK as I think homesickness contributed to some extent 're both Fisher and Johan.

Lancaster has proven to be an excellent coach at leinster and has massive experience (a lot of it painful but not all) of English rugby.
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same.
SwindonGlos
Vice-Captain

colinboag 15 May 2020 07:27 am said..

Again I ask the question...why would he want to come to Glaws? Maybe JA has been let go to save his very big salary? Every club bar three will be counting the pennies
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Diamo 15 May 2020 07:29 am said..

What's Wayne Smith up to these days?
Posts: 836  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
On the board

Jackal 15 May 2020 07:33 am said..

Mark McCall, you heard it here first ;)
Gloucester Exile, in the land of the Chiefs.
Jackal
Vice-Captain

colinboag 15 May 2020 07:35 am said..

I may be wrong but I think some of us are in dreamland. I don't expect a high-profile head coach to be appointed - if it was your business would you do that with no prospect of any income for the foreseeable future?
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Johnmc82 15 May 2020 07:40 am said..

I agree with Colin here. My gut feeling is Dai Young as not in a coaching role so wouldn't cost to buy out of a contract.

I'd be amazed if we took a coach that was in a settled role at this point in time.

However, I am sure there will be some coaches who see Gloucester as a great challenge and may even put themselves in the shop window via their agent.

Will be a lot of speculation but my gut feeling is Dai Young
Johnmc82
Vice-Captain

Diamo 15 May 2020 07:41 am said..

We're fans Colin, we're allowed to be in dreamland, it's up to the club to make the financials work! ;)
Would Shaun Edwards fancy a head coach role?
Posts: 836  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
On the board
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby