Next Head Coach should be.....

Re: Next Head Coach should be.....

Not1eyed 06 Jun 2020 15:45 pm said..

As I understand it Chris Jones as all rugby clubs are in breach of contract with the pay cuts then all players and coaches are free to leave without the need to buy out contracts. I might be wrong on this but that’s how I understand the situation
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Paul Simmons 06 Jun 2020 15:51 pm said..

I doubt that’s true. Employees have volunteered for temporary pay cuts - otherwise it would have been unenforceable.
Formerly Sky blue
Paul Simmons
Hall of Famer

steckers 06 Jun 2020 15:57 pm said..

It does seem confusing but the article in the mail suggests that players can move freely regardless of contract.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 06 Jun 2020 16:00 pm said..

Article about cockerill and Gloucester in daily mail that said he’s under contract but as contract terms have been breached by pay cuts players and coaches are free to move on. I think this is how Mostert can leave for Japan. Pay cuts were voluntary and I’m guessing that most players/ coaches will choose not to move, but as I understand it they can if they wish
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

colinboag 06 Jun 2020 16:19 pm said..

Sounds reasonable
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Up the jumper 06 Jun 2020 16:28 pm said..

The point about pay cuts being a breach of contract is utter twaddle. Contracts rarely, if ever, contain the amount of pay. That is usually part of separate terms and conditions. This us done precisely so some things can be varied without resulting in a breach of contract. For example, my contract says my employer will provide either a company car, or a car allowance. The make/model/value are all within the Ts&Cs. My pay day and frequency is in my contract: the amount/allowances/leave calculations are all in the Ts&Cs. It is standard practice for most contracts.
Another yard boys, another yard!
Up the jumper
Hero in the making

colinboag 06 Jun 2020 17:01 pm said..

Wasn't my understanding on rugby contracts, but I live and learn!
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 06 Jun 2020 17:03 pm said..

UTJ I take your point but think It is different for professional sports contracts that are a specific Length for a specific wage.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

JamesK 06 Jun 2020 17:11 pm said..

I don't think we can tell Danny that his wages are being reduced to £5 a week but he still has to see out his contract.
JamesK
On the board

Asgard 06 Jun 2020 17:12 pm said..

Here's a link to the standard contract. The money bit is in the first schedule.

https://aragents.co.uk/wp-content/uploa ... t-2016.pdf
Asgard
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby