Good News

Re: Good News

Gloucester Mute 16 May 2020 23:42 pm said..

BomberWells wrote:Excellent news and a bit of perspective

+1
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2130  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 17 May 2020 00:05 am said..

wlatavg006 wrote:674 views and only 4 responses, says it all...................

Actually it doesn't. Not everybody will put up a happy clappy response as it's not needed. Most will digest the good news and move on. Ironically you didn't post a well done,good news post either, choosing to criticise those that did exactly what you did. :roll:
DieTrying

Porky 17 May 2020 06:19 am said..

From a person who has posted 57 times in just under 5.5 years.....says it all

I have no idea what point you were trying to make but notice that your comment was nothing to do with Michael and good news about his recovery.
Last edited by Porky on 17 May 2020 06:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

GammoGlos 17 May 2020 06:21 am said..

Great to read this. I wish him well and a speedy recovery
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

GlawsyD 05 Jun 2020 07:31 am said..

Injured Worcester Warriors rugby player Michael Fatialofa has taken another giant step in his incredible recovery, returning to his English home after being released from a spinal care unit. His wife Tatiana took to Twitter to share the news that Fatialofa will return to their home, having been recovering at the Royal Buckinghamshire Hospital for the last five months –

He plans to use the Warriors' facilities and medical staff to help with the next stage of his rehabilitation, with the hope of returning to Auckland at the end of the year. Last month, Fatialofa achieved the great milestone by walking 2.32km unassisted with his rehab friends in just under an hour.

"I'm making lots of progress," he said. “I'm pretty much walking unassisted now. It was uncertain there, for a while, if I was going to be in a wheelchair for life, so I'm grateful for that. "I'm still pretty early in my recovery and I've achieved a lot, but there's still so much to go. I know it's going to be a lifetime thing of constant rehab. That's where I'm at.
"I'm doing all this rehab and I don't know if I'm going to get my hands back. It's a tug of war every day in my mind, but I've got a good support crew."
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 05 Jun 2020 07:53 am said..

Porky wrote:

From a person who has posted 57 times in just under 5.5 years.....says it all

I have no idea what point you were trying to make but notice that your comment was nothing to do with Michael and good news about his recovery.

I think the point he was trying to make is pretty damned obvious without the need to make a flippant comment about the number of times he has posted or the good news. It seems people on here would much rather comment/criticise and moan and complain rather than comment on great news stories etc. Sums up SW pretty well I would say. And you wonder why he/she has posted so little in such a long time.
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Lurker 05 Jun 2020 08:10 am said..

GlawsyD wrote:Injured Worcester Warriors rugby player Michael Fatialofa has taken another giant step in his incredible recovery, returning to his English home after being released from a spinal care unit. His wife Tatiana took to Twitter to share the news that Fatialofa will return to their home, having been recovering at the Royal Buckinghamshire Hospital for the last five months –

He plans to use the Warriors' facilities and medical staff to help with the next stage of his rehabilitation, with the hope of returning to Auckland at the end of the year. Last month, Fatialofa achieved the great milestone by walking 2.32km unassisted with his rehab friends in just under an hour.

"I'm making lots of progress," he said. “I'm pretty much walking unassisted now. It was uncertain there, for a while, if I was going to be in a wheelchair for life, so I'm grateful for that. "I'm still pretty early in my recovery and I've achieved a lot, but there's still so much to go. I know it's going to be a lifetime thing of constant rehab. That's where I'm at.
"I'm doing all this rehab and I don't know if I'm going to get my hands back. It's a tug of war every day in my mind, but I've got a good support crew."

That is good news!
Lurker
Hall of Famer

Legendoft'Autostrada 05 Jun 2020 08:12 am said..

The very best to him for his continued recovery.
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

Theotherjonny 05 Jun 2020 08:48 am said..

Here's to a continuing recovery success story. Great progress so far, guts and glory :)
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Posts: 302  Location: Malvern Wells (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)
Theotherjonny
Vice-Captain
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby