The game

The game

TOBIAS 17 May 2020 15:20 pm said..

Been looking at old matches the game was so much quicker re scrums and breakdowns not so much whistle
TOBIAS
On the board

Re: The game

foresterinyorks 17 May 2020 15:29 pm said..

Yes. I have just watched one from 2011 and only 9 years ago there seemed to be less time wasting.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

Crasher 17 May 2020 15:39 pm said..

Watched the bath v Wigan clashes back... how anyone thought that could be worth doing!

Wigan line up for the 13 man game was unreal...
Crasher
Vice-Captain

Tuffty 17 May 2020 15:49 pm said..

Crasher wrote:Watched the bath v Wigan clashes back... how anyone thought that could be worth doing!

Wigan line up for the 13 man game was unreal...

I remember watching that live. The union half was much closer than expected and Barf got thumped in the League half.
Tuffty (Andy Kershaw)

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

caldiglaws 17 May 2020 16:24 pm said..

It paved the way for a lot of league ideas to be taken into union both on and off the pitch the biggest being the move from attack to defence being the most important facet of the game
caldiglaws
Hero in the making

Number10 17 May 2020 16:30 pm said..

caldiglaws wrote:It paved the way for a lot of league ideas to be taken into union both on and off the pitch the biggest being the move from attack to defence being the most important facet of the game

I think the most important thing to come from league to union after that game, as an England fan, was Jason Robinson
Number10
Hall of Famer

Russglos 17 May 2020 17:23 pm said..

Number10 wrote:
caldiglaws wrote:It paved the way for a lot of league ideas to be taken into union both on and off the pitch the biggest being the move from attack to defence being the most important facet of the game

I think the most important thing to come from league to union after that game, as an England fan, was Jason Robinson

Jason Robinson and JSD are the two players I've seen up close live and come away absolutely certain that their feet never actually touched the ground. Especially when changing direction. Brilliant, the pair of them.
Russglos
Hero in the making

Tuffty 17 May 2020 17:37 pm said..

Russglos wrote:
Number10 wrote:

Jason Robinson and JSD are the two players I've seen up close live and come away absolutely certain that their feet never actually touched the ground. Especially when changing direction. Brilliant, the pair of them.

Those are my wingers in my All-Time England XV.
Tuffty (Andy Kershaw)

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

Chalker 17 May 2020 18:49 pm said..

I watched the Toulouse v Wasps game this afternoon, some decent Glaws half backs on show.
Chalker
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 17 May 2020 20:53 pm said..

Really Tuffty. JSD is a huge call given he only got 10-15 caps? Great player and very unlucky as far as England concerned. Given that he wouldn’t enter the equation for me. Jason Robinson is nailed on tho
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby