Grobler Article

Re: Grobler Article

Merican forester 21 May 2020 13:57 pm said..

tigerchef wrote:I understand his concern, but he is implying that the RFU will sanction league games, without making sure that it is safe to do so. He really should read up on Section 44 Employment Rights Act 1996 as I very much doubt that the Gloucester Rugby will treat any asset as a ‘piece of meat’ and make them play if they have concerns.

I just read the article as a ‘poor me’ whinge. On my own, with someone taking my pictures, but on my own, worried about breaking my bones playing Rugby or catching a Virus, whilst free rock climbing, 20 miles from help, but on his own, with friends popping over, who managed to make the last but one airlift, clutching his last 3 pairs of shorts. Doesn’t he have a wardrobe in South Africa?

I also know that if I went on social media and publicly complained that I thought my employer would make me work in the office and would sack me if I didn’t, wouldn’t go down too well with my MD.

Yeah, my final bit about 10,000 acres was wrong, as was my £60,000. It should of been a lot higher and I would like to apoligise for those two errors.

There’s always one isn’t there? The guy earns money and invests it into his native country by buying a struggling ranch which would’ve had more issues to why it didn’t work other than just leopards.

He’s right to have worries about his job and his concerns in returning to work in job which isn’t an essential. He’s also allowed his opinion on his job security because he knows a lot more about being employed in that environment than any of us do.

So give it a f**king rest
Merican forester
Vice-Captain

tigerchef 21 May 2020 15:54 pm said..

Wow, glad to see that you got some pent up anger off your chest there.

You may have missed it, but yesterday everyones favourite bogeyman DH gave an interview

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52742551

'Humphreys said the mental wellbeing and safety of the players can be the only barometer to use when deciding when rugby can return.'

Thats the Director of Rugby, at Gloucester, giving an interview, publicly, on record, saying that Rugby will only return when it is safe to do so. I'm pretty sure that GG would have recieved reasurances from the DoR before the BBC did.

I also know quite a bit about contracting, mostly more than GG, and in a hell of a lot more dangerous jobs than Rugby. As far as I am aware, he never has comented on job security. Not sure where you got that one.

I do agree that he has a right to an opnion, as do I. So to answer your question, no, I wont give it a f**king rest.
tigerchef
Hall of Famer

colinboag 21 May 2020 16:07 pm said..

Be Kind ;) ;)
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Merican forester 21 May 2020 18:08 pm said..

tigerchef wrote:Wow, glad to see that you got some pent up anger off your chest there.

You may have missed it, but yesterday everyones favourite bogeyman DH gave an interview

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52742551

'Humphreys said the mental wellbeing and safety of the players can be the only barometer to use when deciding when rugby can return.'

Thats the Director of Rugby, at Gloucester, giving an interview, publicly, on record, saying that Rugby will only return when it is safe to do so. I'm pretty sure that GG would have recieved reasurances from the DoR before the BBC did.

I also know quite a bit about contracting, mostly more than GG, and in a hell of a lot more dangerous jobs than Rugby. As far as I am aware, he never has comented on job security. Not sure where you got that one.

I do agree that he has a right to an opnion, as do I. So to answer your question, no, I wont give it a f**king rest.

From said article regarding his job security. Which is his opinion in a sector he actually works in, unlike yourself.
Attachments
5ADB352A-665F-4EFE-A145-DFD84A40E078.jpeg
Merican forester
Vice-Captain

Oxford Glaws 21 May 2020 20:48 pm said..

Perhaps they should ask to be paid in used submarine-launched torpedoes?
www.fumblings.net
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

tigerchef 21 May 2020 21:33 pm said..

Which takes me 360 degrees to my point. The RFU, Premiership Rugby and DH have all publicly stated that training can't start yet, even though PHE have said they can. They won't start until it safe to do so.

So when they say it's safe, then it is. I don't think that any governing body or club would want the solicitors letter dropping on their doorstep after a player gets Covid in a maul.

I'm just glad you saw my point of view MF and agreed with me. Have a great Bank Holiday weekend.
tigerchef
Hall of Famer

Russglos 21 May 2020 22:07 pm said..

Oxford Glaws wrote:Perhaps they should ask to be paid in used submarine-launched torpedoes?

Bloody hell OG. That's a bit deep.
Russglos
Hero in the making

Oxford Glaws 21 May 2020 22:25 pm said..

Russglos wrote:

I saw the thing about torpedoes on Mercian Forester's screenshot of the Daily Heil article. My first thought was that Grobler had set up some sort of sinking fund.
www.fumblings.net
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

Russglos 22 May 2020 00:32 am said..

Oxford Glaws wrote:
Russglos wrote:

I saw the thing about torpedoes on Mercian Forester's screenshot of the Daily Heil article. My first thought was that Grobler had set up some sort of sinking fund.

My bad. Tri dedn't see that.
Russglos
Hero in the making

stuartjames 22 May 2020 06:07 am said..

The RFU, Premiership Rugby and DH have all publicly stated that training can't start yet, even though PHE have said they can. They won't start until it safe to do so.

But that's not the reason the PRL have decided not to start training yet.

The PHE guidance stated that a return to non-contact training in small groups was allowed as long as a number of health and safety protocols were observed.

The PRL stated :
...the prevailing mood was that it would be of little use in preparing players for a return to play and they would rather wait for the day when full squads would be allowed to train together
stuartjames
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby