Bye for now....

Re: Bye for now....

glawfindel 26 May 2020 02:04 am said..

Well, Jonny came back, so there's hope for us all!
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

GlawsyD 26 May 2020 07:44 am said..

QPB might have something to say after KPB has been under her feet without SW after a few weeks.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

The Vic 26 May 2020 09:22 am said..

Have tend to agree with KPB, some of the stuff said becomes quite unpleasant at times. I can understand the negativity as there is quite a bit of uncertainty. What I don't understand is the unnecessary digs at either individuals on here or at the club. So... Peace out!!
The Vic
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 26 May 2020 09:27 am said..

I would normally agree with KPB and take a summer-break.

The only issues are 1) the season hasn't finished 2) whether rugby may/may not return 3) the seeming melt-down @ CG 4) Lockdown gives a lot more down-time to us retirees 5) Difficult not to comment when one sees some of the drivel spouted on SW !!

I'm in...……….
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2415  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Captain Jolly 26 May 2020 22:11 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:I would normally agree with KPB and take a summer-break.

The only issues are 1) the season hasn't finished 2) whether rugby may/may not return 3) the seeming melt-down @ CG 4) Lockdown gives a lot more down-time to us retirees 5) Difficult not to comment when one sees some of the drivel spouted on SW !!

I'm in...……….

I suspect The Old Spot being closed is issue 6) conveniently not mentioned!
Westy is watching.
Captain Jolly
On the board

DieTrying 26 May 2020 22:57 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:I would normally agree with KPB and take a summer-break.

I'm in...……….

1. It has.
2. I can't see it until Sep / Oct and behind closed doors.
3. Conjecture, not facts, which fuels the Lockdown mania.
4. We've noticed. ;)
5. No mirrors in your House GM? :D
John Neary
DieTrying

Gloucester Mute 27 May 2020 11:50 am said..

Hee hee DT !! Takes one to know one...…. ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2415  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

steckers 27 May 2020 12:42 pm said..

I was of the same opinion about rugby being behind closed doors - but have started to wonder.

My understanding is that theatres etc are starting to develop plans to open (later in year) but with social distancing. I assume that mainly means having spaces between audience etc. Plus some logistics around the movement of people.

Hypothetically... if rugby clubs were allowed to do something similar, would that be feasible? I.e., making sure people weren't sitting within 2 metres of others (obviously discounting families etc).

Rugby has an advantage that it's outdoors.

I have no idea how many club members they have at Gloucester - but just wonder if that's something that could be explored at some point later in the year.
steckers
Hall of Famer

shawnsheep 27 May 2020 13:00 pm said..

Should be fairly simple to do.

The seats don't move, so easy to work out 2 metre rule (though I suspect that may get cut in half shortly). How the guy in the middle goes to the loo, may be an issue, but he will only have 3 or 4 people to get past, and they can move into the aisle somehow.

In the shed/tump, put circles on the floor and you have to stand on them....simples.

Toilets are the difficult bit, but maybe strap on catheters for the duration :D
Real Name:- Liam Spartacus. Looking to joining the rest in Japan
shawnsheep
Hero in the making

glawfindel 27 May 2020 19:09 pm said..

shawnsheep wrote:Should be fairly simple to do.

The seats don't move, so easy to work out 2 metre rule (though I suspect that may get cut in half shortly). How the guy in the middle goes to the loo, may be an issue, but he will only have 3 or 4 people to get past, and they can move into the aisle somehow.

In the shed/tump, put circles on the floor and you have to stand on them....simples.

Toilets are the difficult bit, but maybe strap on catheters for the duration :D

Not quite that simple, I would suggest.

What about the family of three/four/five, with young kids who all want to sit together? I think it would be a logistical challenge to set up ticketing systems to be flexible in some regards, yet rigid in others. Doubtless Ticket Master have this problem solved, mind. The Shed might be easier, but still needs 'policing'
glawfindel
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby