Now Humphreys off - last one out turn off the lights!

Re: Now Humphreys off - last one out turn off the lights!

spanish exile 04 Jun 2020 09:23 am said..

JamesK wrote:Everything points at one almighty falling out at Glos but Shedweb doesn't seem to know any details beyond an Andy Goode podcast. The contents of that podcast are likely to have come from an interested party.

Experience of Shedweb and indeed the wider world has taught me that the loudest voices are often not the best sources of information. I don't completely buy that this is all LB's fault given he is the one key actor still in post. I agree with RTS that things are likely to be more complex.

In terms of Gloucester's prospects for the future I'm waiting to see what the coaching set up looks like come the middle of July. If we've managed to appoint top class coaches then things at the club are unlikely to be as bad as they seem. If we've never heard of the new coach then it might well be time to panic.

Top class Coaches don't always equate to winning Coaches so a HC that inspires a winning team is far more important than a CV covering spells at several Clubs for me.
Glos need, deserve & want a winner - we have tried 'experienced' that hasn't worked so time for an appointment outside the box.
spanish exile
Hero in the making

Welly 04 Jun 2020 09:32 am said..

Still Realistic wrote:Leicester Tigers looking at more redundancies.

Yes Andrea Pinchen last night was saying she has talked to staff about it and more will be happening.
It's long and it's Tigers but it was a very good interview if people are interested in the struggles of rugby currently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IP_KtXiL4w
Inculdes
Peter Tom - Chairman
Andrea Pinchen - CEO
Finton Kennedy - Finance Director
Geordan Murphy - DOR
Jan McGinty - Basically head of recruitment.
In a zoom meeting.
Welly
Hall of Famer

Oxford Glaws 04 Jun 2020 19:59 pm said..

spanish exile wrote:we have tried 'experienced' that hasn't worked so time for an appointment outside the box.

It was working last year - we were third behind Chiefs and Sarries (who were cheating). So you have to ask yourself, what changed? The answers are not difficult to work out.
www.fumblings.net
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

JamesK 05 Jun 2020 07:46 am said..

Oxford Glaws wrote: So you have to ask yourself, what changed? The answers are not difficult to work out.

It's Brexit, isn't it? The evidence is pretty damning - four defeats from four since we left the EU :D
JamesK
On the board

Graham Cartmell 05 Jun 2020 07:57 am said..

JamesK wrote:
Oxford Glaws wrote: So you have to ask yourself, what changed? The answers are not difficult to work out.

It's Brexit, isn't it? The evidence is pretty damning - four defeats from four since we left the EU :D

:lol:
The older I get the faster I was. Used to be known as Peanutcoxy
Graham Cartmell
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby