Now Humphreys off - last one out turn off the lights!

Re: Now Humphreys off - last one out turn off the lights!

steckers 03 Jun 2020 22:22 pm said..

I didn't suggest it was a deliberate strategy - but maybe from this they get an opportunity to tighten the belt.

And we only seem to be losing 1 SA player at present, although I suspect more will follow.

If the salary cap is going to be adjusted then all clubs are going to have to lose a few players.

Generally I agree GM and feel like the club is a mess at the moment.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Clive's Pants 03 Jun 2020 22:40 pm said..

If we have to go through a messy period now is a fairly good time given there no value left in our season and several other teams are going to need to change their business model but have not started yet.
Clive's Pants
Hall of Famer

robs1 04 Jun 2020 07:27 am said..

Clive's Pants wrote:If we have to go through a messy period now is a fairly good time given there no value left in our season and several other teams are going to need to change their business model but have not started yet.

Agree with this, lots of people are making claims when in reality they have no idea about the financial stability of the club, to me saving money ATM is paramount for all clubs until the future becomes clearer, apart from Birstol I think a lot of the other club's backers/owners must be a bit concerned about their wealth and ability or desire to chuck it away supporting an uneconomic business for too long.
robs1
Hall of Famer

CMGC 04 Jun 2020 07:31 am said..

If this was driven by a need to cut costs and get into a different business model then why not use that as spin for a good PR story. The deafening silence or avidance of the obvious from the club leaves a big credibility gap that can only be filled by the messy suggestions already given.
If Glos are in a good place and this was all carefully and deliberately managed ( which we are sort of lead to believe) then put that out as a new way forward not just denials of a cock up.
CMGC

robs1 04 Jun 2020 07:43 am said..

CMGC wrote:If this was driven by a need to cut costs and get into a different business model then why not use that as spin for a good PR story. The deafening silence or avidance of the obvious from the club leaves a big credibility gap that can only be filled by the messy suggestions already given.
If Glos are in a good place and this was all carefully and deliberately managed ( which we are sort of lead to believe) then put that out as a new way forward not just denials of a cock up.

Because its not as good as having lots of theories of impending doom and incompetent staff etc and even if the club had opened their books to every member to examine and allowed all the coaches to be questioned under oath there would still be some who would claim it was all a cover. At the end of the day we are just supporters its not our business, the only thing that matters in the end is that GRFC carries on.
robs1
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 04 Jun 2020 07:44 am said..

A cock-up - and monumentally large one - is what it is. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2415  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 04 Jun 2020 07:49 am said..

Leicester Tigers looking at more redundancies.
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

shawnsheep 04 Jun 2020 08:02 am said..

After a lifetime of supporting this once great club, the more MsQ goes awol and allows this LB farce to continue then

the only thing that matters in the end is that GRFC carries on.

becomes less important every day.
Real Name:- Liam Spartacus. Looking to joining the rest in Japan
shawnsheep
Hero in the making

JamesK 04 Jun 2020 09:12 am said..

Everything points at one almighty falling out at Glos but Shedweb doesn't seem to know any details beyond an Andy Goode podcast. The contents of that podcast are likely to have come from an interested party.

Experience of Shedweb and indeed the wider world has taught me that the loudest voices are often not the best sources of information. I don't completely buy that this is all LB's fault given he is the one key actor still in post. I agree with RTS that things are likely to be more complex.

In terms of Gloucester's prospects for the future I'm waiting to see what the coaching set up looks like come the middle of July. If we've managed to appoint top class coaches then things at the club are unlikely to be as bad as they seem. If we've never heard of the new coach then it might well be time to panic.
JamesK
On the board

lucifer 04 Jun 2020 09:19 am said..

Reading through this thread I'm beginning to think I've stumbled into an unannounced new episode of Fumblings.
lucifer
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby