Thank you David

Re: Thank you David

Chewbacca 02 Jun 2020 19:51 pm said..

Thank you David, all the best for the future.
Chewbacca
Vice-Captain

Jimbodini 02 Jun 2020 20:08 pm said..

Thank you David for all your efforts for the club. A man who really did care about Gloucester rugby and was always a pleasure when I met him.

Some fans loved to stick the boot into him when in my opinion he’s done nothing but good for the club. Brought in top quality coaches. Brought in and regained top quality players. Not enough for some though clearly
Jimbodini
Hero in the making

Lurker 02 Jun 2020 20:58 pm said..

I should also have thanked him in my note above for bringing on the academy - so much stronger since his involvement
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Lurker
Hall of Famer

GammoGlos 02 Jun 2020 21:20 pm said..

All the best David.
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

Beddis 03 Jun 2020 08:32 am said..

Completely agree, his departure will leave a big hole. Sadly all good things come to an end and I hope he goes on to find further success, except for when playing against us. Thanks!
Posts: 4269  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Clive's Pants 03 Jun 2020 08:58 am said..

Many found him easy to criticise, possibly because of his slightly awkward public manner but mainly because they did not understand his role. For me he was the first name on the management team sheet - is there anyone else in British rugby who could not only recruit Cipriani to GRFC but also retained him on a long term contract...all whilst it being totally confidential up to the point of announcement? Thanks for your massive contribution to the club David.
Clive's Pants
Hall of Famer

TheOtherJonny 03 Jun 2020 12:51 pm said..

Sad to say farewell and I certainly wish you (him) well in whatever comes next.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Posts: 326  Location: Malvern Wells (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)
TheOtherJonny
Vice-Captain

Sue D'Nimes 03 Jun 2020 18:51 pm said..

He was always great at the job he was meant to do and blamed for areas he had no responsibility for. The job split was probably difficult to manage. Always an absolute gent when I spoke to him, a true professional. I'm not sure the amateur antics of Bradley and Brown were a good fit for him.
TEAMWORK RESPECT ENJOYMENT DISCIPLINE SPORTSMANSHIP
Sue D'Nimes
Vice-Captain

spanish exile 03 Jun 2020 23:26 pm said..

DH had an impossible job that he did quietly well, if you compare where we were before his time to where we are now we are in a far better place.
Shame he couldn't take us to the next level but the foundations are there.
spanish exile
Hero in the making
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby