Interesting Interview with Sam Burgess

Interesting Interview with Sam Burgess

DieTrying 03 Jun 2020 21:23 pm said..

John Neary
DieTrying

Re: Interesting Interview with Sam Burgess

Gloucester Mute 03 Jun 2020 22:02 pm said..

Interesting or a bit predictable when you note - "Burgess retired from rugby league in October, and is working as a pundit in the Australian media".

I am sure he won't be trying to get good sensationalist headlines in his new media role ?!?!?! Tart...……...
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2415  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Graham Cartmell 03 Jun 2020 22:04 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Interesting or a bit predictable when you note - "Burgess retired from rugby league in October, and is working as a pundit in the Australian media".

I am sure he won't be trying to get good sensationalist headlines in his new media role ?!?!?! Tart...……...

Possibly headline grabbing but probably right
The older I get the faster I was. Used to be known as Peanutcoxy
Graham Cartmell
Hall of Famer

TP17 03 Jun 2020 22:27 pm said..

Certainly very damning. Never liked Ford.
TP17
Hall of Famer

Beddis 03 Jun 2020 22:36 pm said..

I heard a very different story about that World Cup squad which makes a lot more sense. Burgess not quite so angelic in this particular version
Posts: 4269  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

JC 04 Jun 2020 00:31 am said..

Beddis wrote:I heard a very different story about that World Cup squad which makes a lot more sense. Burgess not quite so angelic in this particular version

Come on then me ol’ Malahide Mucker, spill the beans... :lol:
Posts: 512  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Hero in the making

kentishglaws 04 Jun 2020 14:49 pm said..

Beddis wrote:I heard a very different story about that World Cup squad which makes a lot more sense. Burgess not quite so angelic in this particular version

Yeah this needs elaborating on, spill haha
kentishglaws
Vice-Captain

Fat Taff 04 Jun 2020 19:09 pm said..

His version of the world cup campaign as told on house of rugby, backed up by Hask, makes the England world cup camp sound a tad toxic and disjointed.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 04 Jun 2020 19:57 pm said..

The question I have is why, when England wanted him to play at 12 and most who are familiar with both codes thought it was his obvious position, was he placed at Bath where there was no obvious vacancy in the centres?
Lebowski
Dude

The Vic 05 Jun 2020 09:37 am said..

As a Scotsman it was a really insightful interview. It would appear to me that he came in from unfair flack. There certainly seems that the squad had some toxic players in the squad. Its a shame he went to Bath, perhaps had he gone to another club that could have nurtured his clear talent
The Vic
Hall of Famer
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby