Gloucester City O/T

Gloucester City O/T

ROLLO 06 Jun 2020 11:50 am said..

With all of the talk of straitened times at Kingsholm it is interesting to see that the soccer team is in relative terms splashing cash around in a Landsdowne manner.
They are I understand moving back from Evesham into a small purpose built stadium in the city with a 4G pitch and room for development. , a grant from the council may have helped. They are signing players at a time when most clubs in the National Leagues are unable to and on wages that outstrip their competitors. There is no sign when Nat League North will return with crowds.
Who is bankrolling them ?
ROLLO
Hall of Famer

Re: Gloucester City O/T

RTS2 06 Jun 2020 11:59 am said..

Alex Petheram Melve. Well he's one...local boy and builder and very enthusiastic chap with a very hands on approach. He's put in a least £1 m to the club so far.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Phil W 06 Jun 2020 12:37 pm said..

Given we're potentially on the lookout for a training ground without knowing too much about the site could we approach Gloucester City? I'm fairly sure they'll be part time so could be used during the day and also potentially for A League games if the A League exists going forward. They get some income from us and we don't have to try and find a new site. The only thing is i'm guessing the site is too small.
Phil W
Vice-Captain

Craig 06 Jun 2020 15:28 pm said..

Really doubt they’ll help Phil. GR never helped the football club out even with the troubles since the flooding
Craig
Turns out for the A team

Steveybadger 06 Jun 2020 19:35 pm said..

A few weeks back there were concerns City would (financially) be able to make the start of next season. Since then AP has said he'd only re-sign players on last year's terms, although a couple of recent new signings look promising. But I'm not quite sure you could call him a sugar daddy - if so I think they would've been back in Glos and and in the top non-league some time ago!
Steveybadger
Senior squad member

ROLLO 07 Jun 2020 13:21 pm said..

Asante has come for a four figure a week wage.
ROLLO
Hall of Famer

MrGlawsRocker 07 Jun 2020 14:48 pm said..

When i was working with the Glos Ladies the footy team were training at Hartpury College.
That "young woke liberal type" that Gloucester Mute really dislikes.

In Skivington we Trust, the future is Cherry & white
MrGlawsRocker
Hall of Famer

Steve M 07 Jun 2020 17:33 pm said..

MrGlawsRocker wrote:When i was working with the Glos Ladies the footy team were training at Hartpury College.

You're going to have to do something about your 'signature' Mr GR :D
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Steveybadger 07 Jun 2020 17:45 pm said..

ROLLO wrote:Asante has come for a four figure a week wage.

Christ alive if that's true it blows my previous post out of the water, and AP seems to have been a bit economical on the truth of the financial picture.

Do you know this for sure Rollo?
Steveybadger
Senior squad member

LevensRed 07 Jun 2020 22:43 pm said..

ROLLO wrote:Asante has come for a four figure a week wage.

Rollo, love your insightful posts on Worcester Rugby club matters and the the game of rugby in general.
Really can’t see why you started this thread and then add the comment above.
You seem to have inside knowledge of what players at 3 different clubs were earning and also inside knowledge of what they are now being paid.
You must be a busy man with fingers (or ears) in a lot of pies.
Try reading the link below and maybe read up on the interviews of players concerned rather than throwing unsubstantiated comments about.

http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/aps-meadow-park-blog/

Or maybe stick to rugby as I’ve already said, your contributions are really good.
LevensRed
Turns out for the A team
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby