Current Senior Squad

Re: Current Senior Squad

VV 28 Jun 2020 16:37 pm said..

Setting aside today's contractual 'hoo ha', I'm still feeling positive about the appointment of our new Head Coach. He will, however, know he has a huge job ahead of him.
He will clearly have his own agenda and has already hinted the pack is a top priority. To my eye, the key trick he will have to pull off is to get the team to generate performances that are greater than the sum of the parts.
I've just revisited the first post in this thread, updated since the recently announced departures (a couple at least which decidedly leave big holes in my view), and taken a fresh look at each position, balanced against other squads. In my mind it is just beginning to look a little thin in places in depth and breadth of quality and I fear it could be horribly exposed with a couple of injuries to key players.
This is not a slight against any of the players listed. If anything it's a challenge to them (not just the coach) to raise their game to a standard that gets us back up the table. And I look at how Exeter started out in the Premiership which proved a team doesn't (necessarily) need to be chock full of Internationals.
But to achieve a higher level of performance we will need a stronger mindset than we sometimes display, play to (not under) our potential, give plenty of perspiration, married with a leavening of inspiration. If Skivington's leadership can draw that from the squad then hopefully it will be onwards and upwards!
Neil Vincent
We all watch the same match but each of us sees a different game
VV
Vice-Captain

Gloucester Mute 28 Jun 2020 16:48 pm said..

+1
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2381  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Chris Jones 28 Jun 2020 17:02 pm said..

Agree too!

And I also believe that leadership on the field will also be key. We have suffered from the absence of Ed Slater and Heinz .....plus too much influence at No 10

Not referring to Boris....
Chris Jones
Senior squad member

Tump 28 Jun 2020 17:37 pm said..

Well in recent seasons I feel we have played in general well below our potential. The whole has been less than the sum of its parts.
That I believe gives Mr Skivington some potential to work with.
Tump
Vice-Captain

farmer 29 Jun 2020 14:51 pm said..

Are we sure Corne Fourie is or has left as he is still listed on the updated official club website..?
farmer
Senior squad member

Sheddy Mcshedface 29 Jun 2020 15:06 pm said..

farmer wrote:Are we sure Corne Fourie is or has left as he is still listed on the updated official club website..?

Seems a reasonable conclusion. Perhaps has extended for the remainder of the season.
Keyser Sose
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Rolfem 29 Jun 2020 15:22 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
farmer wrote:Are we sure Corne Fourie is or has left as he is still listed on the updated official club website..?

Seems a reasonable conclusion. Perhaps has extended for the remainder of the season.

Also useful to have around still, as I believe he was originally signed as Hooker that could play Prop, even though listed as prop on website. So to have a dual option is good in tough times.
Posts: 112  Location: South of Cirencester but Heart is in Gloucester
Rolfem
Senior squad member

Clive's Pants 03 Jul 2020 08:57 am said..

Who have we not had confirmation of either new contracts or seen in the official photos of return to Hartpury training shots yet? I think Ben Morgan for one. Can anyone correct me?
Clive's Pants
Hall of Famer

Face 03 Jul 2020 10:25 am said..

The club have updated the website listing the 2020-21 squad:

https://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/fixtu ... s/players/

They have removed the likes of Dreyer, Mostert ect and added May, Singleton, Reid.

I would assume that this is the squad moving forward.
Face
Senior squad member

TP17 03 Jul 2020 10:43 am said..

Corne Fourie is still here then.
TP17
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby