Current Senior Squad

Re: Current Senior Squad

colinboag 25 Jun 2020 07:53 am said..

Perhaps it has something to do with the 18 June deadline...maybe he wasn't going to sign but then did, or Briss thought they needed a hooker but then found out they didn't? Lots of moving parts at the current time ;)

That said, some clubs are holding press briefings to update everyone about their squad ...not seen anything from Glaws so far
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

TP17 25 Jun 2020 09:06 am said..

Or perhaps they don’t actually know and are desperate for any form of rugby news so are willing to pass rumour off as fact?
TP17
Hall of Famer

Steve M 25 Jun 2020 09:14 am said..

TP17 wrote:Or perhaps they don’t actually know and are desperate for any form of rugby news so are willing to pass rumour off as fact?

That's where my money is ...
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

caldiglaws 25 Jun 2020 15:33 pm said..

Read on some website using a link to
a Quins site they have 18 players leaving either retiring or moving clubs . How many are leaving Gloucester either confirmed or serious rumours as some believe these rumours are true ?
caldiglaws
Hero in the making

Steve M 25 Jun 2020 15:59 pm said..

caldiglaws wrote:Read on some website using a link to
a Quins site they have 18 players leaving either retiring or moving clubs . How many are leaving Gloucester either confirmed or serious rumours as some believe these rumours are true ?

Leicester were saying 20+ leaving them ages ago, Saints released a list a little while back ... still, its only Gloucester who are losing players
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Face 26 Jun 2020 15:26 pm said..

Updated after today’s announcements on page 1
Face
Senior squad member

fiddlypb 26 Jun 2020 18:40 pm said..

Disappointed to see Marshall, Mostert and Marais going. Pleased that they’re going to Japan and will get a decent salary, rather than going to one of our rivals. My big disappointment is that we were not considered good enough by Hinckley.
fiddlypb
Turns out for the A team

Sheddy Mcshedface 26 Jun 2020 18:57 pm said..

fiddlypb wrote:Disappointed to see Marshall, Mostert and Marais going. Pleased that they’re going to Japan and will get a decent salary, rather than going to one of our rivals. My big disappointment is that we were not considered good enough by Hinckley.

I assume playing time was the major factor for Hinckley. Which, given how events have transpired, we may have been able to give him. Next cab off the rank is Josh Gray. Hopefully he makes the grade.

Also looking forward to seeing Jordy Reid goes next year. Always good when players step up from the championship to cut it with the big boys.
Keyser Sose
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

TP17 26 Jun 2020 19:18 pm said..

Are Jack Singleton and Jordy Reid in training yet?
TP17
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 26 Jun 2020 23:47 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
fiddlypb wrote:Disappointed to see Marshall, Mostert and Marais going. Pleased that they’re going to Japan and will get a decent salary, rather than going to one of our rivals. My big disappointment is that we were not considered good enough by Hinckley.

I assume playing time was the major factor for Hinckley. Which, given how events have transpired, we may have been able to give him. Next cab off the rank is Josh Gray. Hopefully he makes the grade.

Also looking forward to seeing Jordy Reid goes next year. Always good when players step up from the championship to cut it with the big boys.

After chatting to Ex Glos & international Flankers I'd have taken Hinckley over Gray. The fact he was picked up by Exeter confirms that for me.
John Neary
DieTrying
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby