Glos suing Sale

Re: Glos suing Sale

Steve M 19 Jun 2020 07:28 am said..

Waste of time raking this up again now I believe (2 years ago ?) and wont bring any credit on either club. Perhaps an indication of the general unrest amongst the PRL chairmen at the moment and a response to something going on behind the scenes ?
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Lord Lucan 19 Jun 2020 08:27 am said..

Maybe it’s a line in the sand action, the rfu essentially took little action so it needs action to stamp this out, maybe if such action had been taken against Saracens early on in their cheating the game would be in better shape now.
Lord Lucan
Hall of Famer

spanish exile 19 Jun 2020 09:34 am said..

Perhaps Glos are trying to restore some principals back into the game which is about time. I also wonder there is still lingering resentment with Sale over the Redpath saga.
Only thing is Glos now have to be seen to be whiter than white or they will be rightly accused of hypocrisy.
spanish exile
Hero in the making

ROLLO 19 Jun 2020 09:50 am said..

There is also the matter of the costs of the legal action.
ROLLO
Hall of Famer

Baz 19 Jun 2020 09:58 am said..

I was more disturbed by the allegation by Orange that SV lied and that documents were forged. That’s a very nasty allegation.
Baz
Hall of Famer

madders 19 Jun 2020 10:28 am said..

Totally agree Baz, without proof that is slander. Maybe this is why the club is pursuing the case .
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
madders
Hall of Famer

Neilio44 19 Jun 2020 10:46 am said..

I suspect the reason that GRFC are suing Sale is largely related to the fact that the Lions may be suing GRFC - hopefully break even then.
If it's wet, drink it.
Neilio44
Hero in the making

Castle Grim Reaper 19 Jun 2020 10:48 am said..

Baz wrote:I was more disturbed by the allegation by Orange that SV lied and that documents were forged. That’s a very nasty allegation.

Absolute disgrace to say this about Stephen Vaughan, however if he had said it about Lance everybody would be supporting him :oops:
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

robs1 19 Jun 2020 11:20 am said..

Baz wrote:I was more disturbed by the allegation by Orange that SV lied and that documents were forged. That’s a very nasty allegation.

If it was said in private during the investigation then there is little glos or SV can do about it legally but it would be a pretty stupid thing to say when orange would have to work with sv in the future during prem meetings, of course the player involved could have told orange he hadn't signed for Glos and O believed him maybe that is giving both him and the player too much credit.
robs1
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 19 Jun 2020 11:29 am said..

robs1 wrote:

If it was said in private during the investigation then there is little glos or SV can do about it legally but it would be a pretty stupid thing to say when orange would have to work with sv in the future during prem meetings, of course the player involved could have told orange he hadn't signed for Glos and O believed him maybe that is giving both him and the player too much credit.

If it's recorded in the mins, then Legal action can be taken.
John Neary
DieTrying
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby