Departing players

Re: Departing players

Gloucester Mute 27 Jun 2020 13:00 pm said..

It does also rain in South Africa.

All our professional players and coaches have played rugby in the rain and wet.

Many of our squad are from the wetter NH and/or NZ.

The opposition teams we played all played on the same pitches and in the same weather. And with the same referees.

Are you being serious ?? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2381  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Paul Simmons 27 Jun 2020 13:02 pm said..

Mute, of course the players take a significant chunk of responsibility. However, I never heard JA provide any insight, nor did I see any evidence that he’d thought through what had gone wrong and then adjust accordingly. I know this will not be popular, but I suspect that he was well out of his depth.

I’ve no evidence to back that up of course. Very similar to your constant, speculation presented as fact, digs at Cips and LB. And, similarly, your assertion that none of the departures were the club’s decision even though you have no idea (if the club wanted to keep any contracted member of staff they could have by honouring the contract).

Losing good players is far from ideal, but going bust is much worse.
Formerly Sky blue
Paul Simmons
Hall of Famer

Chris Jones 27 Jun 2020 13:23 pm said..

Mute - I have posted before about my DC concerns so I agree with what you say On that point

However, I don’t agree with your “in tandem with LB” comments. I am confident that the Skivington/AB partnership won’t be a pushover for DC or anybody else as it seems to have been with the previous management team
Chris Jones
Senior squad member

colinboag 27 Jun 2020 13:44 pm said..

IMO it all started with pre-season ( I know some don’t agree) - goodness knows what went wrong but we simply never fired. For me that has to lie at the coaches door.
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

plod 27 Jun 2020 13:53 pm said..

The penny is dropping for some I think. After some of the ludicrous calls for the new coach - Lancaster, Cheika, Sanderson, Cockerill - realism is settling in. For some it has always been present.
We will have to cut our cloth, probably by quite a lot, but that’s better than ceasing to exist.
plod
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 27 Jun 2020 14:00 pm said..

Ever since I knew something about the game of rugby back in the 50's (it was rugger back then) the fly-half, the game-maker, was effectively the player whom dictated how the team played based on the opposition, the conditions, the referee and the 14 players he had around him. I don't think anything has changed which is why I believe DC is culpable for some of the crass on-field decisions (alongside his team-mates) and obviously the HC. It was not the weather's fault !!

My comment about DC/LB tandem is based on the underlying player unrest that got fed through to LB whom acted on it. It by-passed DH/JA and DC was the catalyst amongst the complaining playing squad. DC is not the Messiah but he certainly can be a naughty boy...…... :roll: :roll: :roll: . Ask EJ and the England players if you want corroboration.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

stuartjames 27 Jun 2020 14:18 pm said..

My comment about DC/LB tandem is based on the underlying player unrest that got fed through to LB whom acted on it. It by-passed DH/JA and DC was the catalyst amongst the complaining playing squad.

Given this is not the rumours thread, you must have an impressive source for all these facts ?
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

Face 27 Jun 2020 14:19 pm said..

Mute is an expert of being a disruptive influence as he claims DC is.... see his decade of shedweb posts
Face
Senior squad member

Gloucester Mute 27 Jun 2020 14:24 pm said..

Apologies will be accepted when the facts of CG's 2020 melt-down and departures inevitably emerge. Until then scoff.

Eye-nose...…...
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 27 Jun 2020 14:24 pm said..

Tump wrote:Yep time to stop whining and start supporting .

Post of the Covid -19 break from Tumpy!
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby