Irish looking for a Home

Irish looking for a Home

GlawsyD 27 Jun 2020 12:46 pm said..

It has yet to be confirmed where London Irish will play their remaining home games. The lease on the Madjetski has expired and Brentford Community Stadium has not been completed, although it is hoped to have matters signed off by mid-July. This still leaves matters tight if Premier matches restart in mid- August, albeit behind closed doors. The ground share arrangements with Brentford FC also needs to be considered.
One alternative might be to utilise the Hazlewood location of their training ground.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

Re: Irish looking for a Home

RTS2 27 Jun 2020 12:57 pm said..

I would imagine they will negotiate a short-term lease in Reading then move to Brentford.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

covglaws 27 Jun 2020 13:05 pm said..

If played behind closed doors, surely it won't matter much where they play. How about Old Deer Park, nice and close to their new home.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1744  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Nobbler23 27 Jun 2020 14:05 pm said..

Don't they still have a ground in Sunbury on Thames where the amateur part of the club LI Wildgeese play?
Nobbler23
Vice-Captain

Gloucester Mute 27 Jun 2020 14:17 pm said..

I would have thought notwithstanding no crowd that other PRL specifications will still need to be in place for insurance/medical reasons. Anyone, within reason, can get to watch at ODP or Sunbury.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2411  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 27 Jun 2020 14:21 pm said..

Didn't we end up playing a European fixture at the oppo's training ground a few years ago due to the weather? Within reason can't see why they couldn't do something similar.
Keyser Sose
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Number10 27 Jun 2020 15:11 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Didn't we end up playing a European fixture at the oppo's training ground a few years ago due to the weather? Within reason can't see why they couldn't do something similar.

Italy somewhere I believe?
Number10
Hall of Famer

Legendoft'Autostrada 27 Jun 2020 15:15 pm said..

Treviso - it was bloody cold and their attempts to cover the stadium pitch were nowhere good enough. Off to the training ground we went, by bus, coach, taxi and foot! It was a pretty surreal evening - the floodlights were not very good but Glos got the job done!
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

King Prawn Bhuna 27 Jun 2020 15:17 pm said..

I don’t think the basis of the location of the games has been finalised yet has it? There is an option on the table of being played at one or two secure venues...or has that been discounted?
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

Blueboot 27 Jun 2020 15:41 pm said..

When Irish were readmitted to the Premiership after winning the Championship they were required to specify two alternative locations as at the time they did not have primacy of tenure at the Madjeski.
One of the ground they specified (albeit unlikely)was Newbury RFC.capacity 7500.
I am sure this ambitious Berkshire side would be delighted to host the exiles but I suspect an ad hoc deal with Reading FC is the most likely outcome.
Blueboot
Turns out for the A team
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby