Irish looking for a Home

Re: Irish looking for a Home

westglos 27 Jun 2020 16:06 pm said..

Blueboot wrote:When Irish were readmitted to the Premiership after winning the Championship they were required to specify two alternative locations as at the time they did not have primacy of tenure at the Madjeski.
One of the ground they specified (albeit unlikely)was Newbury RFC.capacity 7500.
I am sure this ambitious Berkshire side would be delighted to host the exiles but I suspect an ad hoc deal with Reading FC is the most likely outcome.

Decent, newish ground Newbury. Was there a few years ago. Stand and other facilities down the one side, and a big bank opposite from what I can remember.
westglos
Vice-Captain

Legendoft'Autostrada 27 Jun 2020 16:08 pm said..

westglos wrote:
Blueboot wrote:When Irish were readmitted to the Premiership after winning the Championship they were required to specify two alternative locations as at the time they did not have primacy of tenure at the Madjeski.
One of the ground they specified (albeit unlikely)was Newbury RFC.capacity 7500.
I am sure this ambitious Berkshire side would be delighted to host the exiles but I suspect an ad hoc deal with Reading FC is the most likely outcome.

Decent, newish ground Newbury. Was there a few years ago. Stand and other facilities down the one side, and a big bank opposite from what I can remember.

Been there a few times for inter-services games; would not be up to it if spectators were permitted. OK if behind closed doors.
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

Paul Simmons 27 Jun 2020 16:43 pm said..

It was briefly a Championship ground and hosted England U20s. Yes, one stand (no seats) and grass banks otherwise.
Formerly Sky blue
Paul Simmons
Hall of Famer

adam 28 Jun 2020 10:10 am said..

Seems fairly obvious that their opening legal salvo was a gambit to get free use of our ‘holm for the remainder of the “season”...
Rugby, music, beer inanities @adamashby
adam
Senior squad member
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby