News is on the way

Re: News is on the way

Opportunist 28 Jun 2020 10:25 am said..

Sky blue wrote:I think some people are being naive if they think that this path was chosen out of ignorance.

Glos will have been completely clear about the regulations and the state of GS’ contract. If the benefit of appointing the HC they wanted was greater than any penalties for doing so then they made a hard-nose financial/sporting decision. LI are trying to maximise their payout - as Glos will have expected them to do.

As I started earlier we did the same in Saint SV’s day with Mostert etc.

I think your surmise is correct, since I don’t believe our management are so incompetent as to be unaware of Skivington’s contractual situation. This would also explain the odd timing of the announcement and LB’s recent departure from twitter.
Opportunist
On the board

caldiglaws 28 Jun 2020 10:48 am said..

It appears reading various threads on here the club and especially Lance are always to blame for everything. Johan walks away from his contract and goes to Japan Club&Lance (C&L) at fault. Mostert Marshall ECT leave because reduction in contract (C&L)at fault. George sees advert for head coach job applies gets it, but London Irish complain (C&L) at fault. even though it's almost an identical situation to the two previous situations where our fans believe our club management is at fault. I can't wait for Rugby to actually return so these negative anti club posters can go back to criticising an individual player for a mistake or the line out defence skills or fitness coaches because we lost or didn't win by more
caldiglaws
Hero in the making

Lebowski 28 Jun 2020 11:38 am said..

When did this suddenly cease to be a forum where people could express different views without being vilified?

‘Anti-club posters’........I take huge exception to that as I have been one of the most vociferous on here recently regarding concerns. I am also the original Shedweb ‘happy clappy’ (I believe it was Pagan who first used that term on here many years ago). I have been labelled a club sycophant many times for my unfailing support of the club when all hasn’t been rosy behind the scenes. More recently I’ve stated I think the appointment of GS may be a good one and he will have my full support. I’ve also stated several times I fully understand the cost cutting etc.

However there are still things I’m concerned about given the events, rumours and communications over the last few weeks. I am not convinced all the rumours on podcasts etc are made up. People are free to disagree - that’s the whole point of a forum - but please don’t label loyal supporters as anti-club just because we don’t share your views. Oh and I for one have never picked on individual players or blamed an individual for a mistake leading to a defeat.
Lebowski
Dude

caldiglaws 28 Jun 2020 11:50 am said..

There are certain posters on here who are "Anti club posters" they know who they are! They enjoy criticising those making the decisions from the side lines
Yes it's a forum and disagreement feeds debate but it can't be denied that this enforced break has made the criticism of the club rather than player performance the major talking point
caldiglaws
Hero in the making

Gloucester Mute 28 Jun 2020 11:55 am said..

+1

I can vouch for your previous sycophancy Leb !! And totally support your current concerns re. the current predicaments our club finds itself in.

I am perceived as a moaner and serial critic BUT I have also supported GS's appointment (legal or otherwise ;) ) and wish him well.

For those who believe the club can do no wrong ever - have a word with other club supporters and ask them what they honestly think of GRFC at the moment off-field. It's embarrassing !! :roll: :roll: And if this were Barf we would be chortling in the aisles at their discomfort......
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2381  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

colinboag 28 Jun 2020 12:07 pm said..

come on caldiglaws, have the courage of your convictions and name the 'anti-club' posters...then they can defend themselves...don't be a keyboard warrior!
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 28 Jun 2020 15:09 pm said..

I know I can always depend on your support Mute. ;)
Lebowski
Dude

JamesK 28 Jun 2020 16:38 pm said..

I think most people have the impression that things have gone rather wrong behind the scenes but I’m not sure that anyone here knows exactly how.

I sometimes find reading these threads to be a little bit frustrating because some people mistake their opinions about what went wrong for facts.

Anyway, I’m looking forwards to watching some rugby again and seeing what the new coaching team can achieve.
JamesK
On the board

Gloucester Mute 28 Jun 2020 16:59 pm said..

JamesK - However you dress it up the past month has been rather embarrassing for GRFC with a succession of poorly-handled personnel changes. Might not all be GRFC's fault but even the most supportive school report would be saying : "Could have done better and will hopefully learn from the experience gained" C+.

Or is that still too critical ?? Maybe you think everything is hunky-dory ?? ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2381  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

CMGC 28 Jun 2020 18:48 pm said..

I have to agree that we have lost too many key personel in 12 months to be able to pretend all is rosy. I think it is almost certain that someone has messed up and as a result so many faces have been put in positions that made their stay at CG impossible. Clearly we have no proof but the facts are what they are and no plausible explanation has been offered which is strange as all the rumours could have been ended had they been profered.
Anyhow we are now where we are and I am sure everyone wants GS and his new merry gang to light up the results and get us back into the top four.
CMGC
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby