Welcome George

Re: Welcome George

Still Realistic 29 Jun 2020 16:38 pm said..

foresterinyorks wrote:So, would it be correct to say, the best thing would be for the 2 parties to get together and quietly sort it out, with whatever payment is necessary and to move on before others get involved?

Absolutely, that is the most sensible thing to do..........which is exactly why it is unlikely to happen!
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Beddis 29 Jun 2020 17:43 pm said..

Listening to the Dont give a ruck podcast with Flats, he seems to suggest that GS didn’t agree to the new contract put in front of him and decided to pursue other options.

From this (if accurate of course) If Irish have paid him 100% of his wages then I expect his original contract to be in place. If they have only paid 75% as was suggested they have done for the whole squad, that contract is no longer valid.

In a previous role I had to employ a sizeable number of employees, many of whom refused to sign contracts for various reasons. For legal purposes as soon as we had paid them their wages, that in itself was tantamount to signing the contract so we never bothered to chase the signature thereafter.
Posts: 4263  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

LowerO 29 Jun 2020 18:29 pm said..

Still Realistic wrote:
foresterinyorks wrote:So, would it be correct to say, the best thing would be for the 2 parties to get together and quietly sort it out, with whatever payment is necessary and to move on before others get involved?

Absolutely, that is the most sensible thing to do..........which is exactly why it is unlikely to happen!

Except that if one side is in the right, then why would they do that?
my real name is Nigel Williams, in my 50s, behind the posts in the Stowford
LowerO
Hero in the making

GlawsyD 30 Jun 2020 06:07 am said..

Taken from London Irish 'Craic' site.

From the Mail, reporting on Leicester’s player difficulty there was also this paragraph

“ London Irish are in a similar stand-off with their squad as they try to introduce a further 25 per cent cut to all contracts, despite having agreed blanket reduced deals only a fortnight ago. The players are resisting with many looking for ways out.”

Is this the answer that frees up Skivington's contract question?
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

Paul Simmons 30 Jun 2020 07:05 am said..

Not if the negotiations are ongoing and their old terms are still be applied.
Formerly Sky blue
Paul Simmons
Hall of Famer

GammoGlos 30 Jun 2020 07:23 am said..

Sky blue wrote:For those of you interested in the technicalities of the did we tap him up, didn’t we saga this article may be of interest...

http://rugbyandthelaw.com/2020/06/29/gl ... gulations/

What an interesting article, very well written. Thanks for sharing.

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but it's a shame that his tenure has started this way.
GammoGlos
Hero in the making

Castle Grim Reaper 30 Jun 2020 07:29 am said..

GammoGlos wrote:We'll have to wait and see what happens, but it's a shame that his tenure has started this way.

Why?

I would be more worried if they said we were welcome to him. :o
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

RossM 02 Jul 2020 11:31 am said..

Thought you might want a quick read - Wasps Unforgettables - George Skivington.

https://www.wasps.co.uk/your-club/club-history/wasps-unforgettables/#GEORGESKIVINGTON
‘Politicians and diapers must be changed often and for the same reason.’ Mark Twain.
RossM
Vice-Captain

robs1 02 Jul 2020 12:01 pm said..

RossM wrote:Thought you might want a quick read - Wasps Unforgettables - George Skivington.

https://www.wasps.co.uk/your-club/club-history/wasps-unforgettables/#GEORGESKIVINGTON

Interesting piece, hopefully he can instill some of that tightness into our squad
robs1
Hall of Famer

glawfindel 02 Jul 2020 15:32 pm said..

robs1 wrote:
RossM wrote:Thought you might want a quick read - Wasps Unforgettables - George Skivington.

Interesting piece, hopefully he can instill some of that tightness into our squad

I'm with him on this bit, about coaching...

"I get very frustrated with the maul. Teams work hard to get it going forwards and making a lot of ground, then it goes down and the opposition get the put-in."
glawfindel
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby