Welcome George

Re: Welcome George

colinboag 29 Jun 2020 08:39 am said..

If you post regularly on SW, aren't you by definition a Glaws supporter. Why would any of us be anti-club? We are, however, allowed to be bemused/worrried/critical...it is a forum after all!
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Graham Cartmell 29 Jun 2020 08:48 am said..

My comment yesterday referring to an ‘agenda’ was misplaced and I have already apologised to those concerned. Onwards and upwards. Radio interview was a good listen
The older I get the faster I was. Used to be known as Peanutcoxy
Graham Cartmell
Hall of Famer

Staggy 29 Jun 2020 11:36 am said..

Just had a loooonnnggg look through this thread. Have to say that although I am not in the "all is well with the club" brigade, I can't get too excited about blaming Gloucester over this incident at the moment as there is just not enough information for us to base any accusations on. (However, I do though fully accept that as supporters, rumour and press snippets are normally enough for us to base opinions on :shock: :D ).

It is entirely possible that Gloucester have done nothing wrong, although it is also possible that GS or they made a mistake which LI have seized upon to try to get some additional compensation. Do I believe that Gloucester have been devious and underhand in their whole dealings with this matter, no not really as this was a well documented search for a new head coach and do we really think that the club targeted GS and asked him to apply. Once again, I can't really see that happening.

Apologies for being a bit boring on the whole matter, but really we won't know who is wrong until the truth comes out which given how these things are done, it is possible that it won't, so this may end up as an unresolved Shedweb discussion. Never been any of them before :lol:
Staggy
Senior squad member

Staggy 29 Jun 2020 11:40 am said..

colinboag wrote:If you post regularly on SW, aren't you by definition a Glaws supporter.

Tell that to Pest :lol: :lol: :lol:
Staggy
Senior squad member

Chalker 29 Jun 2020 12:04 pm said..

colinboag wrote:If you post regularly on SW, aren't you by definition a Glaws supporter. Why would any of us be anti-club? We are, however, allowed to be bemused/worrried/critical...it is a forum after all!

All Glaws fans Colin, but 'Im a better supporter than you' does rear its head from time to time.

#bekind
Chalker
Hall of Famer

colinboag 29 Jun 2020 12:05 pm said..

OK, we do get the odd intruder ;)
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Clive's Pants 29 Jun 2020 12:25 pm said..

True all here, except guests, will be pro GR - the establishment, but there are a few that are consistently anti GR - the organisation/ business.
Clive's Pants
Hall of Famer

colinboag 29 Jun 2020 12:43 pm said..

That's a bit like when our PM accused the Leader of the opposition of being too critical...the response was spot on...that the PM was confusing scrutiny for attacks. I, like many others, am genuinely baffled about what has been going on at Glaws, and I really don't think there's anything wrong with supporters expressing their concerns, or even their scepticism.
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

ROLLO 29 Jun 2020 13:33 pm said..

colinboag wrote:OK, we do get the odd intruder ;)

Are you refereing to me CB ?
ROLLO
Hall of Famer

BomberWells 29 Jun 2020 13:52 pm said..

I’d like to think I’m one of those who is usually in the happy clappy club.

I’m v positive about George’s appointment when compared against other names mentioned and, considering the financial headwinds we’re up against, I’m not worried about the players leaving us. As a squad we won’t be as good as last year, but we’re not that far off.

However, JA and DH exit and other rumours concern me and I do not think it unpatriotic to air those concerns. It does appear shambolic and until we get a little more honesty and openness from the club I can’t see how we can move on.
BomberWells
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby