Welcome George

Re: Welcome George

Tumpy+1 29 Jun 2020 14:08 pm said..

DieTrying wrote:My thoughts on the whole issue:

1. We're frustrated there's no Rugby.
2. We're frustrated we were playing poorly.
3. We're frustrated with the lock-down.
4. We're frustrated that some of us are working from Home, on furlough or even worse, have lost jobs or businesses.
5. We're frustrated that our HC & DoR have jumped ship.
6. We're frustrated that recently signed Players have jumped ship.
7. We're frustrated that the new HC announcement is now mired in rumours.
8. We're frustrated that we haven't seen the Fumblings Summer special, although I suspect OG can't keep up with twists and turns.
9. We're frustrated with the Happy Clappy Brigade / Doom Merchants / Fence Sitters. ( delete as appropriate ).

Basically, We're frustrated. These are not normal times but ultimately we support Glos and the Roller Coaster ride it gives us. We may fall out on these Forums but after a while we make up. The future is viewed through Cherry & White Glasses and long may it continue.

Crikey.....people frustrated with the 'Happy Clappy' club? there is no hope in the world for me now. It is the only thing I cling onto :o :D :D
After reading this forum recently, the founding and only member of the Official 'Happy Clappy' club
on ShedWeb!
Tumpy+1
On the board

Clive's Pants 29 Jun 2020 14:13 pm said..

I agree with you Colin and Bomber some odd things have gone on and it is right to be concerned although I don't believe we have a right to know. I think we know who falls into the 'consistently anti GR - the organisation/ business' camp though.
Clive's Pants
Hall of Famer

colinboag 29 Jun 2020 14:25 pm said..

I was referring to Pest (who had been mentioned), but if the cap fits...

PS note the smiley!!
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Pest 29 Jun 2020 14:35 pm said..

Staggy wrote:
colinboag wrote:If you post regularly on SW, aren't you by definition a Glaws supporter.

Tell that to Pest :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glaws was my second team when I joined up here :D.
Pest
Hall of Famer

TheOtherJonny 29 Jun 2020 14:37 pm said..

Pest wrote:
Staggy wrote:
colinboag wrote:If you post regularly on SW, aren't you by definition a Glaws supporter.

Tell that to Pest :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glaws was my second team when I joined up here :D.

What is it now? ;)
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Posts: 325  Location: Malvern Wells (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)
TheOtherJonny
Vice-Captain

Ken Burney 29 Jun 2020 14:37 pm said..

Pest ... is Glaws now your first team?!
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

Pest 29 Jun 2020 14:39 pm said..

Don't have a second team now. Don't watch as many of the games as I used to. Still enjoy watching Cips on song though.
Pest
Hall of Famer

TheOtherJonny 29 Jun 2020 14:44 pm said..

I'll be honest and say I was a bit underwhelmed with the GS announcement was made but, as I wasn't invoved in the selection process, I am happy to defer to those who were and hope for (and wish GS) all the best. What has happened subsequently is all rumour, smoke and mirrors! Somebody knows what the truth is, but it's certainly not me. I hope (and believe deep down) that GRFC are on the higher level of the moral platform here and really can't wait for some rugby now :)
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Posts: 325  Location: Malvern Wells (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)
TheOtherJonny
Vice-Captain

Paul Simmons 29 Jun 2020 16:00 pm said..

For those of you interested in the technicalities of the did we tap him up, didn’t we saga this article may be of interest...

http://rugbyandthelaw.com/2020/06/29/gl ... gulations/
Formerly Sky blue
Paul Simmons
Hall of Famer

foresterinyorks 29 Jun 2020 16:31 pm said..

So, would it be correct to say, the best thing would be for the 2 parties to get together and quietly sort it out, with whatever payment is necessary and to move on before others get involved?
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby