Cherry Jam podcast

On the board

Re: Cherry Jam podcast

11 Mar 2021 21:10 pm:

Episode 20 - now available

It really is far more enjoyable when we win!

https://anchor.fm/cherry-jam/episodes/S ... ame-esao81
First team regular

12 Mar 2021 11:19 am:

Thanks guys, late to this but really enjoying these chats.

Are there any pictures floating about to put faces to the names (or is that too frightening)?

12 Mar 2021 11:42 am:

Tom wrote:Thanks guys, late to this but really enjoying these chats.

Are there any pictures floating about to put faces to the names (or is that too frightening)?

Just have look on the Gloucestershire Police website, under Most Wanted. You'll spot them. :D
aka John Neary
On the board

12 Mar 2021 12:28 pm:

Tom wrote:Thanks guys, late to this but really enjoying these chats.

Terrifying but I will get everyone to pose during our next recording :D
On the board

12 Mar 2021 15:14 pm:

Make a start by Googling MVG :D
Westy is watching.
Hall of Famer

12 Mar 2021 20:17 pm:

SoP,

Have you considered ‘An Evening In with Cherry Jam’ - a live broadcast Cherry Jam using Skype/Zoom/Teams, where we can be a ‘live’ (muted) audience watching and listening to you chat about all things rugby. You could take questions via messages/chat from the audience and choose what you want to answer or ridicule! :D
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Hall of Famer

13 Mar 2021 09:27 am:

What we all want to know is what happened with the Ribble?
On the board

18 Mar 2021 20:57 pm:

Episode 21 and the saga of the tickets - very much like the Star Wars sequels this was painful.

Anyway new pod available now.

https://anchor.fm/cherry-jam/episodes/S ... ood-esurc6
Site Admin

19 Mar 2021 09:53 am:

Ed, have you got any sight of how many people are listening to the pod, and from where etc? Appreciate you may not want to share publicly, but I'd find it interesting to know if/how it's growing..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
On the board

19 Mar 2021 10:23 am:

shedwebadmin wrote:Ed, have you got any sight of how many people are listening to the pod, and from where etc? Appreciate you may not want to share publicly, but I'd find it interesting to know if/how it's growing..

I do indeed, averaging about 250 individual listeners to the pod each week - when we win, this normally goes up a bit. Considering that our marketing has generally been through friends and family with a little bit of radio promotion (I do love getting on the wireless :lol: ) we are quite happy with it. Several ideas floating around about how we maximise the return to stadium later this year and the only thing stopping us organising 'live' events is the total lack of know-how in terms of tech. It is something that we are looking into, but it does need planning and certainty around venues etc. that's even before we consider how many people would actually be interested in coming.

Majority of listeners are from England (it doesn't give me a breakdown of which areas - although we can probably guess its from around the Shire).

During the off-season we will take a small break so that I can look around to see if there are better pod providers for our needs. Anchor is very good, easy to use and free but there are a few glitches and idiosyncrasies that make it slightly frustrating. For example, not that we would make much money from it anyway (that's not the point of the pod), the monetisation currently doesn't extend outside of the US.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby