Fans at grounds

Re: Fans at grounds

Hucclecote Glaws 24 Jul 2020 17:38 pm said..

lucifer wrote:Well, I notice that last night there were 640 socially distancing, masked people attending a show at the London Palladium which has a 2,300 capacity. Given that the Palladium is indoors - a de facto more dangerous place for the spread of viruses - can anyone explain why a similar, or even higher, density crowd with these restrictions should not be allowed to attend an outdoor sports fixture?

It was a government sanctioned trial event, hopefully nobody who went tests positive in the near future. A successful trial should enable more trials to take place, as you say an indoor event is a much greater risk than an outdoor one, so outdoor sporting fixtures will be more likely to be given permission.
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Hucclecote Glaws
Hall of Famer

TP17 24 Jul 2020 17:42 pm said..

Worcester have announced that they’ll be live streaming our game for their STHs. Which suggests that it might not be on BT Sport? I have no idea if we will be able to access the live stream, however, the way it was worded suggests that it will be free only for their STHs.
TP17
Hall of Famer

westglos 25 Jul 2020 08:53 am said..

TP17 wrote:Worcester have announced that they’ll be live streaming our game for their STHs. Which suggests that it might not be on BT Sport? I have no idea if we will be able to access the live stream, however, the way it was worded suggests that it will be free only for their STHs.

If that's the case at Wuss, why can't the same be done for our STHs?
westglos
Vice-Captain

madders 25 Jul 2020 13:08 pm said..

At the moment what incentive is there to buy as season ticket?
Come on Gloucester Rugby give me some idea of what l can expect.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
madders
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 25 Jul 2020 17:41 pm said..

madders wrote:At the moment what incentive is there to buy as season ticket?

I suspect the club probably doesn't know as its not them making the decisions about if/when fans will be allowed into the ground and what requirements will be need in regard to social distancing. We have seen with schools making preparation for 2m social distancing only to have the rules changed and so given that we have 20 days until rugby starts in any form and we are months away from fans in the ground we will have to wait and see.
Keyser Sose
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

mjad 26 Jul 2020 06:30 am said..

madders wrote:At the moment what incentive is there to buy as season ticket?

It's unfair to expect the club to know what the situation will be when we restart seeing things can change so quickly as we saw with travel to Spain, the new normal is we will need to wait & have to be flexible
Regards
Michael
mjad
Hero in the making

madders 26 Jul 2020 07:25 am said..

Perhaps they could offer their STH what Worcester seem to be offering theirs, free streaming of live games. Just a thought.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
madders
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 26 Jul 2020 08:21 am said..

TP17 wrote:Worcester have announced that they’ll be live streaming our game for their STHs. Which suggests that it might not be on BT Sport? I have no idea if we will be able to access the live stream, however, the way it was worded suggests that it will be free only for their STHs.

I’ve not seen that Warriors announcement anywhere? Like many I’ve a ticket been sat on the mantelpiece for months....gonna have to get in touch. It would be good to get access instead if money back.

Also there’s a great tweet from WW...https://twitter.com/tatianafats/status/1284162739150168070?s=21
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

TP17 26 Jul 2020 09:39 am said..

Here’s the link KPB, however, I’ve just read the page again and interestingly Wuss have now removed all mention of a livestream and how to access it. The page does detail how to receive refunds though.

https://warriors.co.uk/2020/07/24/club- ... s-matches/
TP17
Hall of Famer

Hucclecote Glaws 26 Jul 2020 10:21 am said..

Won't any decision on which matches clubs live stream have to wait until BT Sport decide which matches they're going to show? I haven't seen any announcement of that yet.
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Hucclecote Glaws
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby