Fans at grounds

Re: Fans at grounds

Baz 26 Jul 2020 10:28 am said..

As there are few games left I think that BT will televise more than usual? I wouldn’t be at all surprised if every game until the end of the season was covered? Sky did this in similar circumstances with football.

On another issue, watching the test match, I’ve just heard them say that 1000 have been let in at the oval today for a county friendly. Sensible approach and good to see that at last some spectators are being allowed back.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Gb83 26 Jul 2020 11:48 am said..

Baz wrote:As there are few games left I think that BT will televise more than usual? I wouldn’t be at all surprised if every game until the end of the season was covered? Sky did this in similar circumstances with football.

On another issue, watching the test match, I’ve just heard them say that 1000 have been let in at the oval today for a county friendly. Sensible approach and good to see that at last some spectators are being allowed back.

5000 are being allowed at Goodward races next weekend as part of the pilot.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Chalker 26 Jul 2020 11:53 am said..

Goodwood and The Oval are both for members only including some Middlesex members as visitors. As well as restricting numbers, members only enables track and trace to be possible. It’s a start.
Last edited by Chalker on 26 Jul 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chalker
Hall of Famer

James J 26 Jul 2020 11:56 am said..

Baz wrote:As there are few games left I think that BT will televise more than usual? I wouldn’t be at all surprised if every game until the end of the season was covered? Sky did this in similar circumstances with football.

Most of the Premier League games have been on since the season restarted across Sky, BT, BBC and Amazon but not all. However as there are less games to cover for the rugby you'd hope BT can pull something out of the bag. Possibly in conjunction with Channel 5 as they've had the odd live game plus the highlight show too?
James J
Vice-Captain

Gb83 26 Jul 2020 12:19 pm said..

Chalker wrote:Goodwood and The Oval are both for members only including some Middlesex members as visitors. As well as restricting numbers, members only enables track and trace to be possible. It’s a start.

Cheltenham racecourse has sent an email to current members advising the course is likely to be members only this season but expect to be able to accommodate all.

The course is pretty vast so a lot easier for them to do so.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

TP17 26 Jul 2020 13:32 pm said..

Hucclecote Glaws wrote:Won't any decision on which matches clubs live stream have to wait until BT Sport decide which matches they're going to show? I haven't seen any announcement of that yet.

Yep I’m thinking that Worcester offered their livestream before receiving confirmation of BT’s finalised plans for televised matches. As every game is filmed regardless for highlights, betting sites etc. I doubt it would be difficult for BT to make every game available, even if with no commentary, via the red button perhaps? I also read that Channel 5 will have some games.
TP17
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 26 Jul 2020 13:34 pm said..

Members only t Gloucester next season?....sign up now. ;)
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

Number10 26 Jul 2020 17:43 pm said..

Most of the Premier League games have been on since the season restarted across Sky, BT, BBC and Amazon but not all. However as there are less games to cover for the rugby you'd hope BT can pull something out of the bag. Possibly in conjunction with Channel 5 as they've had the odd live game plus the highlight show too?[/quote]

All premier league football games were televised on one of the channels.
Number10
Hall of Famer

Phil W 31 Jul 2020 11:46 am said..

The pilot tests have now stopped frustratingly.

So first game, Gloucester should open the Lions Den and turn the shed into a beer garden. Then a rugby match just happens to start, everything socially distanced but in a beer garden not a stadium. Could that work?!
Phil W
Vice-Captain

Clive's Pants 31 Jul 2020 12:05 pm said..

Phil W wrote:The pilot tests have now stopped frustratingly.

So first game, Gloucester should open the Lions Den and turn the shed into a beer garden. Then a rugby match just happens to start, everything socially distanced but in a beer garden not a stadium. Could that work?!

It would be such a fragrant disregard of the rules that we'd have no chance...unless Dominic Cummings is a Glawster supporter?
Clive's Pants
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby