RWC 2003 reruns

Re: RWC 2003 reruns

TP17 24 Jul 2020 09:46 am said..

I still can barely pass off of my left. To be fair I never saw much of the ball playing lock.

Unfortunately I’ve missed these reruns, any chance they’re on ITV Hub?
TP17
Hall of Famer

shedwebadmin 24 Jul 2020 09:57 am said..

Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
shedwebadmin
Site Admin

TP17 24 Jul 2020 10:13 am said..

Crikey every single game is on there! Cheers, that’s me sorted then.
TP17
Hall of Famer

Lurker 24 Jul 2020 11:46 am said..

remember Gommersall doing amazing passing into a cement mixer at KH.

Also played against Robert Jones in Lloyd's Sevens - one of their team tapped to kick off, passed a yard to RJ, who proceeded to send a flat pass out to their winger. It was only then we realised who was playing against us. During the amateur days, he worked for CE Heath (Brokers) in Swansea or Cardiff - or was a ringer! Saw Josh Lewsey play a few times in that tournament!
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Lurker
Hall of Famer

MarcusRann 24 Jul 2020 19:37 pm said..

Marvellous thanks GD. Great viewing
MarcusRann
Vice-Captain

Lurker 26 Jul 2020 21:36 pm said..

Just rewatched the final. Andre Watson was even worse than I remembered!! Even worse was the ITV commentary team - so negative. A great win in difficult conditions.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Lurker
Hall of Famer

vitesse 27 Jul 2020 09:25 am said..

Lurker wrote:Just rewatched the final. Andre Watson was even worse than I remembered!! Even worse was the ITV commentary team - so negative. A great win in difficult conditions.

I thought it was just me - Watson was appalling. You could tell the commentary was by those more used to doing soccer.
Posts: 363  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!
vitesse
Vice-Captain

Still Realistic 27 Jul 2020 15:23 pm said..

I recorded the final at the time but have NEVER watched it again because I was so frustrated with the ref. Still I am sure Jonny Wilkinson must have him on his Xmas card list because had we had won as easily as we should in normal time THAT drop goal would never have happened. Poor old Duggie Woodman got pinged off the park for having his oppo on toast in every scrum. Mind you, if Ben Kay could catch it would have been over in normal time too!!!
Should I watch it again now or will it still raise my blood pressure to dangerous levels?!?!?
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Lurker 27 Jul 2020 17:01 pm said..

SR - it will still raise your blood pressure - but maybe not quite as much as it did at the time as knowing the result helps :lol:
Lurker
Hall of Famer

Froggy 31 Jul 2020 20:01 pm said..

So finally managed to rewatch the final. So the ref tried everything he could in the last 20 mins of normal time to give the game to Australia. On top of that the last penalty of normal time by Flatley should have been disallowed as he took over 60 seconds. His penalty in extra time he took over 95 seconds.

I had forgotten how nail biting it had all been back in 2003.
Froggy
Turns out for the A team
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby