New Kit

Hall of Famer

Re: New Kit

28 Jul 2020 20:06 pm:

Changing shirts part way through the season is profiteering isn’t it? Also I hope it’s not Elite Sports in charge of the distribution as my experiences with them are generally bad.
Vice-Captain

28 Jul 2020 22:25 pm:

lovejoy wrote:Changing shirts part way through the season is profiteering isn’t it? Also I hope it’s not Elite Sports in charge of the distribution as my experiences with them are generally bad.

Not if the contract states that a shirt runs from “x date to y date”, with the season being delayed it might be that the new shirt begins part way through this season because it simply would’ve been the 2020/21 season. They’ve had the same thing happen in the premier league with some teams
Turns out for the A team

29 Jul 2020 02:53 am:

I've just seen that Mitsubishi are likely going to pull out of the UK and Europe in the next two years. Colt Motors of Cirencester are going to try and find a new brand to supply to the UK. How long does the sponsorship deal last with Mitsubishi? [Edit - on refreshing I see this is being discussed on two other threads - apologies for duplication]

I hope that the dealers and workers at Mitsubishi are able to find a resolution. It seems down, in part, to the cars not meeting the latest Euro emissions rules, as well as the Renault-Nissan ongoing debacle.

I guess there have been a few other companies over the years who have not gone on to great things after appearing on our shirts:" Baan" being just one example. Any others? Eagle Star?
Hall of Famer

29 Jul 2020 08:13 am:

My favourite of recent seasons, something like this again please Glos. Cherry and white hoops kept simple with a nice collar.
BDB424C7-EEE0-45DF-8D70-941C4E48663E.jpeg
BDB424C7-EEE0-45DF-8D70-941C4E48663E.jpeg (68.15 KiB) Viewed 872 times
Hall of Famer
Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!

29 Jul 2020 08:48 am:

That was indeed one of the best recent ones, although I did like the 2018/19 one.

We do seem to have gone from a new shirt every 2 seasons to every season. That's marketing, I suppose.

With them selling off last years stuff ridiculously cheap, my Son in Law now has his own shirt, so doesn't need to keep borrowing one. My generous daughter bought a his 'n' hers whilst they were silly cheap. 8-)
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
On the board

29 Jul 2020 09:10 am:

It was obvious that a change was coming as the prices were dropped significantly this year. I love the fact people on here are complaining about lack of sizes during and at the end of a clearance sale. As far as Elite sports service during lockdown ECT I can only say every order and I placed several all came quickly and 100% correct so I have no problem with their service. And as somebody said about how his son in law now has a shirt I can say all my family ranging from their 60s to a 2 year old both male and female all have the same shirt for the first time I can remember
Senior squad member

29 Jul 2020 09:27 am:

I too have bought alot from the website and have never had any issues at all.
Xblades/oxen have given us the best range we've ever had so quite happy they continue tbh. Last seasons shirt wasn't great though and I think the fact they had it 50% off most of the season told them that.
Hall of Famer
Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!

29 Jul 2020 11:16 am:

Kingfisher wrote:I too have bought alot from the website and have never had any issues at all.
Xblades/oxen have given us the best range we've ever had so quite happy they continue tbh. Last seasons shirt wasn't great though and I think the fact they had it 50% off most of the season told them that.

Wouldn't imagine lockdown and the postponement of the season helped much though.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Hall of Famer

29 Jul 2020 12:30 pm:

caldiglaws wrote:It was obvious that a change was coming as the prices were dropped significantly this year. I love the fact people on here are complaining about lack of sizes during and at the end of a clearance sale. As far as Elite sports service during lockdown ECT I can only say every order and I placed several all came quickly and 100% correct so I have no problem with their service. And as somebody said about how his son in law now has a shirt I can say all my family ranging from their 60s to a 2 year old both male and female all have the same shirt for the first time I can remember

Not complaining, merely observing - made my purchases a few weeks ago
Hall of Famer

29 Jul 2020 13:09 pm:

lovejoy wrote:Changing shirts part way through the season is profiteering isn’t it? Also I hope it’s not Elite Sports in charge of the distribution as my experiences with them are generally bad.

In all honesty I can forgive them for releasing a new line of both off-field and replica shirts, clubs like Glaws need money more now than ever. In all honesty I'm figuratively surprised that none of the accountants haven't jumped off the top of the main stand considering the hit on finances.
In Skivington we Trust, the future is Cherry & white
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby