Jonny May Interview

Jonny May Interview

Lurker 29 Jul 2020 04:55 am said..

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6FuTcEtxfp89F59UaQnGLy

Extended (hour) interview with JM on Will Greenwood's podcast. Talks about his test games for England, his sprinting/speed, England, playing flanker :lol: , WC final, Ed Sheeran, his move from and back to Gloucester, the new coaching set up, the Gloucester back 3 options/speed and possibility to go on the next Lions tour.

Great listen.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Lurker
Hall of Famer

Re: Jonny May Interview

King Prawn Bhuna 29 Jul 2020 08:46 am said..

It was a tough few years at Leicester....
....it wasn't what I was expecting......

Here's a quick summary done by Sky , sounds incredibly positive.....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1288148257839947777
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

Re: Jonny May Interview

TP17 29 Jul 2020 20:57 pm said..

Brilliant listen, cheers Lurker.

What struck me the most here is how intelligent, focussed and hardworking Jonny is. He’s also extremely honest and open about his decision to leave Gloucester, which I respect completely. I appreciate the concerns some critics have of his return, although in fairness that is more to do with our need for spending in other positions rather than Jonny himself. However, I’m personally delighted that he’s coming back. He’s certainly returning an even better player than when he left (under his own admission) and I believe he will benefit our squad massively through his experience and personality.

In an era when club loyalty is not as common, it was truly endearing and actually quite emotional (as sad as that may make me sound) to hear his comments about our club. I may be bias as he has always been one of my favourite ever Gloucester players, but no Gloucester fan can listen to that podcast and not have a smile on their face. Welcome holm our Jon.
TP17
Hall of Famer

Return to Gloucester Rugby