Russia RWC 2027

Re: Russia RWC 2027

Lurker 31 Jul 2020 11:47 am said..

Last time I went in 1972 when I was about 15, you could buy beer on streets from vendors (like ice cream vans) - it was weaker than shandy but cold and refreshing. Doubt that helps though :D
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Lurker
Hall of Famer

Phil W 31 Jul 2020 11:52 am said..

Given the financial situation rugby finds itself in this could happen. I'm all for new hosts but Italy, Georgia, Pacific Islands, North and South America before Russia thanks!
Phil W
Vice-Captain

Lurker 31 Jul 2020 12:00 pm said..

I like the idea of a South American tournament as Argentina have been a major force for some years now and Uruguay have always been a good tier 2 team. Would help bring some money into the region.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Lurker
Hall of Famer

glawfindel 31 Jul 2020 13:56 pm said..

I am firmly in the "Russia, no thanks" column. Putin needs no more legitimising in the rest of the world, imho.

I know Japan is not a Tier one nation and they got, it, but they are much closer to Tier One than Russia.

(Having posted this, I am expecting to "fall out of a window" any day now)
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

vitesse 31 Jul 2020 15:33 pm said..

Allez Glaws wrote:For me, I want to see a Celtic World Cup (Ireland, Wales, Scotland) long before going down the football route of taking corrupt money.

Also Argentina/Uruguay, Italy, Spain and USA/Canada would be far better for growing the game

I don't think I know anyone that would go to Russia, certainly not me.
I have a few Spanish friends that played 15's at Uni here but as it's not mainstream, they're not now playing.
That said, there is a keen interest in the 7's as it is a much faster moving game.
Posts: 363  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!
vitesse
Vice-Captain

lucifer 31 Jul 2020 19:06 pm said..

Having never been, I'd go to Russia, however I think Argentina is the best option.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

TP17 01 Aug 2020 08:26 am said..

Lurker wrote:I like the idea of a South American tournament as Argentina have been a major force for some years now and Uruguay have always been a good tier 2 team. Would help bring some money into the region.

Brazil and Chile also have growing interest in rugby union.
TP17
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 01 Aug 2020 08:29 am said..

Russia is corrupt. Priceless. :lol: :lol:
Lebowski
Dude

mjad 01 Aug 2020 08:38 am said..

Lurker wrote:I like the idea of a South American tournament as Argentina have been a major force for some years now and Uruguay have always been a good tier 2 team. Would help bring some money into the region.

Argentina have pulled out the bidding process to back Australia
Regards
Michael
mjad
Hero in the making

madders 01 Aug 2020 08:49 am said..

World Rugby need a venue that will maximise revenue due to the loss of earnings caused by the lockdown, so l guess that will be the driving force.
Games played at optimum times to maximise audiences would probably dictate the venue too.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
madders
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby