Draining the swamp

Draining the swamp

GlawsyD 01 Aug 2020 15:38 pm said..

They might have to rename the place Terra Sulis if the renovated pitch drains as they hope. This link comes with a health warning. :mrgreen:

https://www.bathrugby.com/news/pitch-up ... -complete/
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

Re: Draining the swamp

madders 01 Aug 2020 16:00 pm said..

I can’t believe the council tax payers of North Somerset allow this profit making organisation to monopolise the use of their Council owned leisure facilities. Kick them out, now. Make Craig and Dyson put their hands in their deep deep pockets and buy their own stadium. Bloody freeloaders.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
madders
Hall of Famer

Simmo468 01 Aug 2020 16:26 pm said..

I think they have been for several years and it has been the council obstructing it.
Simmo468
Hall of Famer

westglos 01 Aug 2020 16:39 pm said..

What does it suggest about a rapid start to their new stadium with hybrid pitch, if they're prepared to do all this work on the current bog?
westglos
Vice-Captain

DieTrying 01 Aug 2020 23:27 pm said..

westglos wrote:What does it suggest about a rapid start to their new stadium with hybrid pitch, if they're prepared to do all this work on the current bog?

ECOSOL do drainage, it's not a hybrid Pitch.
John Neary
DieTrying

DieTrying 01 Aug 2020 23:32 pm said..

Simmo468 wrote:I think they have been for several years and it has been the council obstructing it.

The Rec is owned by a Trust not the Council. Therefore the Charity Commissioners had to be involved, there's also a public path running through it & restrictions on use due to Summer Sports needing the space, etc , etc. No simple solution.
John Neary
DieTrying

King Prawn Bhuna 02 Aug 2020 01:13 am said..

They’ve still got planks, scaffolding and no cover in your exorbitant ticket price.....all ways up it’s a shizzle hole of a ground in a perfect location....
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

juanhunglo 02 Aug 2020 07:33 am said..

One of the most overrated grounds ever, abysmal viewing and conditions in the Gene Kelly stand.
juanhunglo
Senior squad member

TP17 02 Aug 2020 07:47 am said..

Is it just my imagination or didn’t they attempt to sort the pitch and drainage out not too long ago?
TP17
Hall of Famer

Return to Gloucester Rugby