Goodbye JP..........

Re: Goodbye JP..........

DieTrying 05 Sep 2020 22:01 pm said..

What I find odd is that if a position is made redundant you can't fill it for 6 months. In the list of Officials, link at the end, HS is listed as an AR not a Ref. If I was JPD, i'd have an employment lawyer take a look as the match officials are clearly defined, as are the AR's and TMO's. Therefore I'd argue JPD has been replaced and that breaks the rules. Ironically Sara Cox is listed as a Ref and so could have been used.

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/about- ... officials/
DieTrying
aka John Neary

Pieman 06 Sep 2020 06:08 am said..

The thought cross’s my mind too. There seem to be some new refs, and JP was recently let go...
I’m sure it’s more nuanced then that, but the 6 month rule appears to be breached.
Pieman
Vice-Captain

tigerchef 06 Sep 2020 09:04 am said..

I would presume they are under fixed term contracts and it wasn't renewed.
tigerchef
Hall of Famer

lucifer 06 Sep 2020 09:17 am said..

JP probably one of the better paid?
lucifer
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 06 Sep 2020 09:30 am said..

tigerchef wrote:I would presume they are under fixed term contracts and it wasn't renewed.

If that was the case it wouldn't have been reported as being made redundant.
DieTrying
aka John Neary

Gloucester Mute 06 Sep 2020 09:55 am said..

I would assume - always dangerous - that when laying-off 25% of your staff across the board that 1) every step would be taken to do it right 2) that JP would know his rights 3) that we simply are totally unaware of the job structures/rankings etc; in the RFU professional match officials set-up 4) JP might have taken voluntary redundancy based on his age, the redundancy package offered and his future in the role.

We just don't know. I am sure he will be very interested in all the suggestions of potential actions he can take though !! ;)

Note the list of officials is a Premiership Rugby list - not the official RFU PGMOT structure who JP was actually full-time employed by.

Ironic that a chap who was regularly unfairly slated on SW is now being protected by the self-same critics !!
Last edited by Gloucester Mute on 06 Sep 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2624  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

tigerchef 06 Sep 2020 10:08 am said..

DieTrying wrote:
tigerchef wrote:I would presume they are under fixed term contracts and it wasn't renewed.

If that was the case it wouldn't have been reported as being made redundant.

So how come we don't have 67 year old Premiership Referee's? Surely if they were full-time employees, then they could just keep on going.
tigerchef
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 06 Sep 2020 11:29 am said..

If that was the case it wouldn't have been reported as being made redundant.[/quote]

So how come we don't have 67 year old Premiership Referee's? Surely if they were full-time employees, then they could just keep on going.[/quote]

Probably due to the fitness test requirements , as there is no age limit.
DieTrying
aka John Neary

MarcusRann 06 Sep 2020 13:23 pm said..

To quote Dr Henry Walton Jones, it's not the years honey, it's the mileage.
MarcusRann
Hero in the making

Still Realistic 14 Sep 2020 21:15 pm said..

Bump! ;)
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby