Sarries v Wasps

Re: Sarries v Wasps

madders 09 Sep 2020 07:41 am said..

Eddie Jones wants to worry how OF will fare playing Championship rugby next season imho. :lol:

Maybe he’ll get a proper inside centre in the England team, who knows?
madders
Hall of Famer
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!

MarcusRann 09 Sep 2020 08:02 am said..

Very true Madders
MarcusRann
Hero in the making

Legendoft'Autostrada 09 Sep 2020 08:13 am said..

stuartjames wrote:Seems about right, the rules are fairly easy to follow, it just starts with the initial entry point and works back from there.

His last suspension was 4,5 years ago., so despite the uproar, not a serial offender. And all presided over by Mike Hamlin !

Just for the avoidance of any confusion, the Mike Hamlin concerned is not 'our' Mike Hamlin!

Neither severe or light, probably five or six games would be correct and consistent.
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

stuartjames 09 Sep 2020 08:20 am said..

LA, that's a shame, a quick google reveals he's a retired lawyer and district judge, and not the legendary no10 !
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

lovejoy 09 Sep 2020 09:09 am said..

Number10 wrote:It is a first offence?? I know he makes lots of dangerous looking hits but I believe this is the first time he has been sent off for a dangerous tackle..

That’s a joke right? I just don’t see a smiley face.[/quote]

It is his first red card for a dangerous tackle. His technique may well be bad (I personally think he has made a few very dangerous tackles). However in the eyes of the disciplinary panel they cant punish him for tackles that havent been deemed dangerous by previous referees etc.[/quote]

He got banned after the Dan Robson tackle as the panel concluded it was a red card offence. So yes they can punish him for previous tackles which have been deemed to be dangerous, they have just decided not to.
lovejoy
On the board

Up the jumper 09 Sep 2020 09:19 am said..

re the Pat Lam rant - I think he could be on a disrepute charge for that - it was effectively an attack on the disciplinary process and whilst I have some sympathy with his line (and frustration), it really isn't an appropriate way to express it!
Up the jumper
Hero in the making
Another yard boys, another yard!

RossM 09 Sep 2020 09:26 am said..

Not1eyed wrote:5 weeks is about right for me. I know some wanted him hung, drawn and quartered but this seems to be about right.

Not me. I just wanted him castrated :lol:
RossM
Hero in the making
‘Politicians and diapers must be changed often and for the same reason.’ Mark Twain.

Not1eyed 09 Sep 2020 09:35 am said..

Who would you suggest at 12 Madders?
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Lewi7 09 Sep 2020 09:47 am said..

Farrell has been close on a number of occasions to being yellow / red carded for illegal tackles. He's also lead with his head into tackling opposition players on a few times too. The ban is what it is, but from here on OF won't get away with it anymore. He has to tackle within the Laws of the game now. It's taken a while but he's been caught finally.
Lewi7
Posts: 3971  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?

Lurker 09 Sep 2020 10:01 am said..

Might make him a better player ...
Lurker
Hall of Famer
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby