Bistol citings

Bistol citings

stuartjames 08 Sep 2020 06:19 am said..

Anybody watch the incident where Andrew Kitchener was red carded for 'fighting' with Siale Piutau, who received a yellow at the same time. They were both cited and have now both received a 3 match suspension.

Pat Lam's a bit confused as to how a yellow and red card can both receive the same suspension, any thoughts ?
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

Re: Bistol citings

SirHenry 08 Sep 2020 06:25 am said..

Rugby judges, like all good parents pay little heed to the "but he started it" argument.
SirHenry
Hall of Famer
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living

TP17 08 Sep 2020 06:37 am said..

Both should have received red cards at the time. Piatuau clearly also threw punches to the head of the Worcester player but somehow only got a yellow.

Would just like to mention also that all this whooping and hollering from the Bristol players is really really embarrassing and unfortunately becoming more common.
TP17
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 08 Sep 2020 06:47 am said..

Interesting comment on the whopping and hollering TP17. I mentioned this on another thread recently and several expressed that they would like to see more of this from Gloucester players. Apparently to some it shows the spirit in the squad. For me, ref should start penalising or reversing penalties if wingers run 50 yards across pitch whooping and hollering. Soon put a stop to it.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Ferret 08 Sep 2020 06:50 am said..

In fairness to Pat Lam he is is rugby coach not a boxing ringside judge is why he didn’t count punches
Ferret
Hall of Famer

madders 08 Sep 2020 07:08 am said..

Pay Lam never said much when George Smith was putting it around not that long ago.
madders
Hall of Famer
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!

stuartjames 08 Sep 2020 07:19 am said..

That makes more sense that Piutau should have seen red as a well. I thought it was bit strange, but hadn't seen the incident. cheers
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

Jake.Jester10 08 Sep 2020 07:41 am said..

They both threw punches, however I don’t know if anyone saw after the game ... Pat Lam spoke to Wayne Barnes about the Warriors 15 (AGAIN), he threw a massive swinging arm to the face of Semi and it went unnoticed.

As for the whooping and screaming, having played at a decent level - with certain teams, it’s encouraged. See the reaction it has on shedweb, frustration, anger, “shut the *** up” and that is precisely what happens on the pitch. It gets under the skin and can provoke a reaction. That is all it is meant to do.

I agree with the opinion that it should be dealt with, in the same manner as American football. Penalise excessive celebrations.
Jake.Jester10
Senior squad member

jimKRFC 08 Sep 2020 07:59 am said..

No one is saying Siale shouldn't have a ban - he punched someone so he deserves one.

The question being raised is how is a single punch, and imediately backing off when spoken to by the ref, worth the same as repeatedy punching someone in the face, while you have them pinned down, then shouting abuse at the ref as he speaks to you.
jimKRFC
First team regular

barrie 08 Sep 2020 08:31 am said..

Since the resumption, I have found Bristol's onfield behaviour to be absolutely appalling.
I am at a loss why the referee have not taken stronger action against them because it risks the game getting out of his control.
If it is there to gain a reaction from the opposition then it succeeded against Worcester which is why Piutau got the same punishment as Kitchener.
barrie
First team regular
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby